Sign in to follow this  
TheDeskLamp

White speckles with Testors Dullcote

I used Testors Dullcote in order to seal up some DnD miniatures I had painted about a year ago. The minis have had plenty of time to dry, I applied the first coat of Dullcote and about 2-3 hours after spraying them, I noticed white specks in several spots on the minis that were not there before spraying. I sprayed the minis outside while it was 90 degrees outside, maybe this is the issue? Any ideas/tips in order to prevent these specks from happening?

Humidity should be less than 60% to avoid fogging when using spray Dullcote.  The high temperature may also have caused the paint to partially dry before it reached the figure.  I don't use spray Dullcote unless the temperature is 60- 8o degrees and the humidity is below 60%.

Fortunately, I have had good results using brush on Dullcote and Model Master lacquers even on hot humid days. Some people like Reaper brush on sealer which will also avoid the fogging issue, but I  prefer sealing with  lacquer rather  than acrylic.