Sign in to follow this  
Neyuttad

Cloak and Dagger II - Combat Thread

Legal Stuff: Copyright

D&D PHB, DMG, Monsters Manual v3.5, Complete Divine, Complete Warriors, Eberron Campaign Setting published by Wizards of The Coast, 2002-2004.

Ok, let's try something new for once....

Just a preview of what battles will be like in the Cloak and Dagger II campaign.

When we do fight, I will add coordinates (letter x number) to the map to make it easier for the players.

testing-battle.gif

DO NOT post here until we fight but when we do, go crazy on strategies and tactics :poke:

Note: this topic will be closed when not in use.

battle1.jpg

Order of movement by initiative score

Kyra(blue)

Gund(pink)

Vic(yellow)

Shannon(purple)

Tanner(green)

Marin(turquoise)

Enemies(red)

1 square = 5 feet

You're fighting illusions, when your hp reach 0, it means they managed to hit you enough time to bring you down. No suffering here.

There are 3 big trunked trees. Enough to provide partial cover. The rock formation on the left and the little one on the right can also be used as cover if you're kneeling or prone. Passing through it requires a check. Passing through the rubbles also requires a check. The tiny "hill" on the right is just for look

You're facing human illusions, they fight in group of two, the lelfmost(their left) of each team of two has a crossbow in hand. The one in the back is the leader, he has two scimitars and looks really mean for an illusion.

We're going to use all the rules for combat in the PHB 3.5. I hope this system works ok and I hope everyone has fun playing it. It'll be..different

Note: if you're not familiar with the rules, just ask on this thread and someone will answer

Ooooh! Ooooh! I call leader! I call leader!!! ::D:^_^

He's mine! ^_^:blues:

Okay, first things first, I will be using the Power Attack feat. Minus 3 from my attack roll, and plus 3 to my damage roll.

I will be moving to F6 for cover.

Stefan, you can't follow Kyra unless you use a full-round action. meaning you forfeit attacking. It takes a full minute to store a magic missile spell into the rod but you can use a full-round action (forfeit move and attack) to infuse it (you make a concentration check against DC 10 + level of spell)

EDIT: Oh I see, but you won't have the spell ready until next round. and won't be able to shoot UNTIL the following round. Sorry I was a little confused because of your post in the main thread...

That's cause I posted to the main thread before posting here like a doofus. I'll get used to the system I promise. Move behind tree first. Charge rod second.

That's cause I posted to the main thread before posting here like a doofus. I'll get used to the system I promise. Move behind tree first. Charge rod second.

RightlyO ^_^

Hey guys, we are outnumbered. I would say we find good cover in areas between A-C, and 8-12. We have the rock and the tree that can provide decent cover.

BTW. We're all moving really close to the enemy to get to the cover. Does the enemy see us, or are they not aware of us yet? We're all acting as if they don't see us, but don't know for sure.

Gund will stay with Vic. When they engage enamies, he will try to flank them and use his sneak attack. If he can't sneak attack, he'll use full attack and swing both ends of the quarterstaff (-2 to each attack, I love 2 weapon fighting feat).

P.S. Ney, you do know that 1 minute=10 rounds, right?

BTW. We're all moving really close to the enemy to get to the cover. Does the enemy see us, or are they not aware of us yet? We're all acting as if they don't see us, but don't know for sure.

Yeah well, I'm playing Kyra a little reckless right now (partly b/c of the storyline and partly b/c I'm not used to melee.) After looking back at my move...I can see the enemy surrounding the tree on their move not to mention attacking us. My next go around I'll probably tumble back/over a little bit in Vic's direction - if possible. Unless anyone else has some ideas...please feel free to tell me what to do...I take combat orders well! ::D: