Neyuttad

Cloak and Dagger II - Combat Thread

Woah, now it's my turn to be confused. Shannon already moved for this turn right? Dam, I need to find a way to streamline this process a little better. (suggestions are welcome)

This may make it more efficient. Wait 'till everybody posts their actions for the round, then post what happens all at one time, instead of going post by post.

Wait 'till everybody posts their actions for the round, then post what happens all at one time, instead of going post by post.

I agree...since I'm last in int. I've been waiting on everyone else to post their actions as their action could effect my actions. (Then I got confused, and lost, and sat in the dark for a little while ::P: ) I think I see a glimmer of light now...I hope.... :wacko:

Wait 'till everybody posts their actions for the round, then post what happens all at one time, instead of going post by post.

I agree...since I'm last in int. I've been waiting on everyone else to post their actions as their action could effect my actions. (Then I got confused, and lost, and sat in the dark for a little while ::P: ) I think I see a glimmer of light now...I hope.... :wacko:

Well there's a big contradiction there. If you're concerned with people's actions(including enemies') affecting your own, then I should resolve them one at a time.

Ok new guideline, everyone follow your initiative order, dont' post your actions until it's your turn and will resolve them separately. Might as well post actions in red too to make it clearer.

Initiative dice are only rolled at the beginning of the fight. I don't think we're at round three yet, everybody hasn't gone, at least, I don't know what's happened with Gund's two attacks.

Well there's a big contradiction there. If you're concerned with people's actions(including enemies') affecting your own, then I should resolve them one at a time.

Ok, ok. I guess I just need to adjust to your playing style. What I'm used to it this:

-Before a fight everyone rolls Int. (players, enemies etc.)

-Everyone goes in the order of their Int. If the enemies go last, then everyone makes their action before the enemies attack. (that would mean they got a really low int.)

-Once everyone has gone then the next round begins (duh)

The reason I'm concerned with other actions this: Say Shannon drops and is bleeding from the bandits' last attack (bandits go before Shannon and Kyra goes after Shannon). Kyra wouldn't attack the bandits as would have been her original plan. Instead she would assist Shannon so she wouldn't die.

Also if I post my action before Shannon and we're attacking the same bandit, it could work that she kills him. Then my action would be void...and I'd have to change my action...

Does that make sense? Or I am I the only one lost, dazed or confused? If so, I'll hush and return to my spot in the dark. Someone just poke me when I need to do something. ::D:

Initiative dice are only rolled at the beginning of the fight. I don't think we're at round three yet, everybody hasn't gone, at least, I don't know what's happened with Gund's two attacks.

Gund attack is for round 3... I didn't start round 3 yet.

-Before a fight everyone rolls Int. (players, enemies etc.)

-Everyone goes in the order of their Int. If the enemies go last, then everyone makes their action before the enemies attack. (that would mean they got a really low int.)

-Once everyone has gone then the next round begins (duh)

That's exactly what we were doing (or trying)

ROUND 3

housebattle1.jpg

Initiative:

Gund

Bandit on first floor

Vic

Tanner

Bandit Leader

Bandit Other

Bandit nears stairs

Shannon

Kyra

Kyme

Ok, lets try to do this round properly :) wait for your turn to post.

EDIT: I'm not sure where Tanner moved so I assumed..

My only comment on that is because if time zones I may be well out of sync as to when people have finished posting. So I suggest don't wait for me if it is clear I will be asleep for several hours and hold everyone up.

Stuart

Well, Stuart, you are on here most of the day. I think we can wait a few hours for you in most cases. ::):