Sign in to follow this  
Smokestack

Hot and Dangerous 2

Everything. I couldn't even get the arms on or get her to stand on the base. Every single joint simply wouldn't work. I'm going to have another go at some point. Apparently if you keep a bottle of superglue long enough (because you don't have anything else to stick together for a while) it can go off and simply stop being useful as glue.

• Like 2

Write the date you first used it somewhere on it, and toss it when it hits 6months. 

I know people who will toss it after 3 months or shorter, too. 

At the office I keep a bunch of 0.5gram tubes since I can then just toss it after I've done gluing my fingers to the desk...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

Everything. I couldn't even get the arms on or get her to stand on the base. Every single joint simply wouldn't work. I'm going to have another go at some point. Apparently if you keep a bottle of superglue long enough (because you don't have anything else to stick together for a while) it can go off and simply stop being useful as glue.

I sometimes use a tiny blob of green stuff then glue, it bonds.

Maybe it will help?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

I sometimes use a tiny blob of green stuff then glue, it bonds.

Maybe it will help?

I've done that before. I'm considering doing that as a last resource. Unfortunately the box fell down behind a large pile of stuff that's propping up my computer desk and I've got lots of other projects to work on so she's been a fairly low priority for a while now.

• Like 4

Any idea if they'll offer some from their first ks as add ons? I looked online and they're 9euro a piece +24-28 euro shipping to USA or $15 a piece from the american store with another $10 for shipping ><

I'd be interested in adding on a few of the 28mm ones from the first KS if that's an option during the KS and getting them all in one shipment over doing a small order of them now.

I'm mainly interested in 

Jeanne, the Knight
Maxima, the Centurion
Lagertha, the Shieldmaiden

and curious about 

Ailsa, the Highlander
Olenka, the Winged Hussar
Azumi, the Samuri

Did anyone get the last 3 last time? If so can you share pictures?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kro said:

Any idea if they'll offer some from their first ks as add ons? 

and curious about 

Ailsa, the Highlander
Olenka, the Winged Hussar
Azumi, the Samuri

Did anyone get the last 3 last time? If so can you share pictures?

I would be surprised if they didn’t offer them as addons. They did during their Anno Domini Kickstarter. 

I didn’t get Azumi but here is Ailsa and Olenka with a reaper guy for scale. Sorry for bad lighting, 

FD2FBF0E-262A-4A1E-8B18-797DDF797B0C.jpeg

F27A5895-61D8-42AB-99E9-356261B40881.jpeg

EE268F76-D1BA-43A7-9714-C41BAD133900.jpeg

E2F67629-1E76-422F-979C-1A20B44C63B9.jpeg

F5E3A433-4C14-4463-B444-484AEA241405.jpeg

4843B3F0-7204-43CB-B721-0B7E0417C2CD.jpeg

1F29764D-D928-4F70-93EC-E4EC5D071E45.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kro said:

Was there a planned launch date anywhere?

Also, thank you very much @Smokestack!

I havent seen one yet. But if it follows like last time, then it will launch after they have revealed the initial 10. Since they are on the 5th reveal, I would guess probably Aug 3rd. But that is just a guess.

EDIT: They are on the 7th reveal... So maybe next week. But my guess would still be 1st week of August.

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

Either she's very short, or that's a looong gun...

Both can be true... ^_^. I like her... but her face is a little masculine. The art has a more feminine face. But I still like her. Dont know if she will make the cut though.

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Either she's very short, or that's a looong gun...

The Russian Mosin rifle was 51 1/2" long...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35C9DF65-9C30-40E6-9734-D21BA38C8FEB.jpeg

The comments on face book. Someone said the sculpt looks like a man in drag. I don’t know if I would go that far, but the sculpt does lack the girlish Youthful quality The art has. I still like it though. This one is probably on my list. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smokestack said:

35C9DF65-9C30-40E6-9734-D21BA38C8FEB.jpeg

The comments on face book. Someone said the sculpt looks like a man in drag. I don’t know if I would go that far, but the sculpt does lack the girlish Youthful quality The art has. I still like it though. This one is probably on my list. 

I was gonna say a British judge myself. Glad, I'm no the only one to think that. I like the art but not the sculpt. I'm pretty sure this KS is a easy pass for me. Thou, pics of the actual figures from the previous offering are nice.

PAY-Justice-Peter-Jackson.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, haldir said:

I was gonna say a British judge myself. Glad, I'm no the only one to think that. I like the art but not the sculpt. I'm pretty sure this KS is a easy pass for me. Thou, pics of the actual figures from the previous offering are nice.

So... I am really only 100% interested in the conquistador currently. The Aztec and the Swedish infantry are maybes... The Greek and Persian and possiblys... 

I did really like what i got from the last kickstarter though I do wish they had found a better middle ground between pin up and Serious. 

• Like 1

I much prefer the drawn illustrations to the actual sculpts so this will be a soft pass for me. 

• Like 3