Hot and Dangerous 2

Smokestack

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The art is by far better than the sculpts, imo. As for the Swedish carolean, the face and hair looks off, and it's a shame they didn't go with a musket instead of the pike, seeing how the muskets dominated warfare at the time. There are some design flaws in the uniform too, if they are aiming for historical correct uniforms.

4 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

And again with the face...   

I won't be picking up all that many from this KS. *Sigh*

From a nice, confident expression to "ugh, so bored".. 

4 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

And again with the face...   

I won't be picking up all that many from this KS. *Sigh*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

However, on the flip side...

From an unrealistic impossible jawline that was borderline ugly (but perfectly in line with the thinness of the arms and legs) to a much more believable jawline and angle of the jaw (albeit, with a much more bored facial expression).

Sometimes I prefer certain aspects of the artwork. Sometimes I prefer the sculpted version. Often it can be both within the same figure. I'm not entirely sure whether it's the sculptor's preferred style that causes these differences or practicalities of something that's going to be going into a mould. I suspect the sculptor's used to using a lot of flatmodelism for ease of mould creation and that old habits are drifting across to these new digital sculpts.

• Like 1

It sounds like everyone is really excited for this! Worry not, it starts at 3pm eastern time tomorrow. 

Despite myself, I am rather excited too. Though with Massive Darkness starting next week, I am not sure how deep I will be going in on this. Will at least get the conquistador...