Sign in to follow this  
Smokestack

Hot and Dangerous 2

21 hours ago, Cicciopiu said:

It is my impression  or all of them share the same facial features? :rock:

Its not unlikely that they share the same mannquin for the body proportions. That would go faster than sculpting all anew.

• Like 1

Decided to go for the early bird for the whole group. Not sure if I'll keep it, some of them are too modern for the games I run/play. They look good though, realistic proportions and poses :)

Looked at it, realized no resin version for the small scale, and decided to not participate. Also, as mentioned above, the faces for all the figures are more or less the same. That's also a shame. :/

• Like 1

Yeah, I would have much preferred a resin option. 

1 interesting thing. The pick 10 level is for 1 of each of the initial 10. Last time the pick 10 let you pick any 10 you wanted (so could double up on models). I picked 4 copies of the swashbuckler last time. I asked in the comments and the creator said that you could message them During the pledge manager stage and work something out. 

so I may do the pick 10 level. 

1st stretch goal teased

9E370897-DEF9-4ACD-BBEA-DA3E61053237.png

Edited by Smokestack

Not sure how they are doing stretch goals this time. Last time, it opened the new girl as an option you can choose to buy. But the creator said this in teh comments of this one "There is also no reason to choose girls from SG as you will get them for free :)" This prompted me to upgrade to the pick 10 level

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

I've decided not to back this one. 

They just lack that.... awesomness I'm looking for. 

That, and there are one or two upcoming projects that I'm more excited about and should probably be saving money for.

• Like 2

I'm actually rather tempted by that one.

Oddly enough, it's down to the sculpt looking very much like a young man. 

Still needs a longer sword though.

Hmm... She's only $16, I'm putting this on remind.

• Like 1

That sword is way too short for a Landsknecht.

I like the uniform though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

That, too. 

All Landsknechte also carried a Katzbalger, but it's not that because she already have that by her side.

(Even those equipped with Zweihanders had a Katzbalger, for close quarters combat) 

The model isn't even carrying a proper Zweihander. The drawing shows an early Zweihander, though. 

(It lacks a set of parrying hooks in front of the ricasso. That's the 'blunt' area between the hilt and where the sharp edges start. The slight flare that's drwn there just... no... ) 

But the drawing also shows the side rings, and they are later additions. 

Sure, there may be later swords without the parrying hooks, but that limits the usefullness of the sword.   

The model in the picture also seems to be missing the guard. Side rings alone would not have been enough. This isn't a 'fancy-pants, count the layers, oh, and when you shake your head it'll fall off because my blade is so sharp' Katana. The Sweihander is the embodiment of Hack'n Slash brute force combat. 

And it was a devastating weapon in the right hands....

nicked from Wikipedia:

Frisian hero Pier Gerlofs Donia is reputed to have wielded a Zweihänder with such skill, strength and efficiency that he managed to behead several people with it in a single blow. The Zweihänder ascribed to him is, as of 2008, on display in the Fries Museum. It has a length of 213 cm (84 in) and a mass/weight of about 6.6 kg (15 lb)

They were used to break up pike formations, which is an incredibly dangerous operation. If you failed your initial strike you might just as well change your name to Friederik von Pinkussion... or hope that your buddies didn't put that on your gravestone... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

The sword is longer than it looks in the picture. They have the video with the model turning around in the update. 
 And here is the next stretch goal.

image.thumb.png.54f785a7a5b60d5c42ca3b7e15b9e64d.png

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1263001724/hot-and-dangerous-season-ii/posts/2909419

here is the link to the update where you can see her spin around video.

• Like 1

The spin around looks better. 

But how can she balance that sword on her shoulder like that?  That's a lot of weight up in the air behind her. 

She really should carry it with the guard in front of her neck like in the art. That way the balance point of the blade is resting on her shoulder so the blade is much more controllable.   

• Like 2