New Guy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not been a member long myself, but it is certainly one of the more pleasant forums I've been apart of.  I'm sure you will be made to fit right in.

On 7/13/2020 at 11:55 PM, TripleH said:

If you want to get someone's attention type the @ and the name, @Drunk Warduke.

Apologies if this is a silly question, but when you tag someone like that are they supposed to receive some kind of notification?  I've been tagged like that a few times and had no idea, the only reason I ever know I've been tagged is because I've stumbled tagged posts by chance when browsing the forums.  I'm not sure if there is some setting I have disabled?

Edited by Dan S
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dan S said:

Apologies if this is a silly question, but when you tag someone like that are they supposed to receive some kind of notification?  I've been tagged like that a few times and had no idea, the only reason I ever know I've been tagged is because I've stumbled tagged posts by chance when browsing the forums.  I'm not sure if there is some setting I have disabled?

From time to time I'll get a notification that "Somebody-or-other mentioned you in a post", but it doesn't seem to do that consistently. Or maybe it does, and I'm just not observant enough. ::P:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dan S said:

I've not been a member long myself, but it is certainly one of the more pleasant forums I've been apart off.  I'm sure you will be made to fit right in.

Welcome.

There are 2 ways to get notifications.

1. at the top of the page is an icon shaped as a bell and it will show a number if you have any notifications.

2. In your setting you can setup notifications to be sent to you via email as well. You would then get an email when someone quotes you, tags you, or comments in a topic that you are following, or reacts to a comment you made.

Edited by TripleH
  • Thanks 3

You're looking specifically for 'Someone mentions me in a post' and make sure one of the sliders is on (I have basically everything on in the notifications list but only emails for when I receive a message or are mentioned)

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Thanks 2

Thanks all!  I've got it figured out and working now, I didn't have any of those sliders enabled in the notification list.  

Now I dont have to feel like I'm being ignorant when someone tags me or quotes me I dont realise it.

Edited by Dan S
  • Like 3