OOC Cloak and Dagger II: A New Beginning

Vinny

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1- From looking at it, the cauldron is big enough to boil a whole cow alive. It is resting on a support of iron and wood. The liquid inside is definitely magical, and quite corrosive from the way it bubbles and steam.

Soldcorn, I could be wrong here, but, I believe Shannon would be able to tell from the size of the cauldron that her cloak wouldn’t even come close to covering the opening for someone to hold the other side (unless her cloak is magical ). Depending on her height she may also be hard pressed to reach the rim of the pot, heck we all may. ::o:

ERL

I checked with Vinny it is about 6' tall but the opening isn't that wide, and having had a cloak for LRPing I know how big they are, I am talking a proper cloack that I can wrap right round Shannon not a cape. My cloak at it's base was easily 6 foot tapering up to the neck. The opening isn't 6' foot wide.

But regardless it is what she is trying to do it it fails so what, if you can come up with another way of trying to cover the opening feel free to suggest it. I was asking Vinny last night about furniture, lids anything but basically there is nothing in this cave so Shannon is improvising as best she can to try and save Kyme.

Stuart

Sorry bout that. ::(:

The cow thing I did not really meant for the rim, just the main body of the cauldron it self. It can fit a cow in it, but it's quite a tight squeeze (it can fit a human though both rim and cauldron, and a cloak can cover the rim, but it needs to be tightly stretched by at least two people)... :poke:

You know how cauldrons have the rim smaller and the cauldron itself larger? Sorry if it's a bit messy the way I described it. :unsure:

Wanted to go over a couple of things while I came across them.

+5 attack (7 minus 2 from the power), but +2 damage. 

Damage= 2d6+8... (STR.+ 1/2 STR.+ 2 PA). 

Vinny I recall in the battle thread that you posted this.

(Pg98 PHB 3.5 under Power Attack feat) You add double the Power Attack when wielding a weapon (not a light weapon) with two hands, so in the above example you should add +4 to your damage from Power Attack for a total of 2d6+10, don’t know if this was every corrected but figured it wouldn’t hurt to mention it.

Nev, I came across the 5ft rule for AOO, when casting a spell

Diagram on top of pg145 PHB 3.5 shows that Mialee takes a 5ft step to avoid AOO.

I recall this came up in the combat thread.

ERL

Hey Vinny, just wanna remind you of the pluses on the use of Power Attack. Also I believe Ismark has to make a melee touch attack or hit AC 10 for Vic to receive the +2 melee bonus

Wow [DR 10] ::o: , this chick will be hard to put down, lets hope we can wear her down or maybe get her to take a plunge into the cauldron. ::P:

I hope this is the toughest of the 3 hags because I think were in for a hard one as it is :poke:

Are we on the steps or on the ground? Also are you posting in the order of initiative?

ERL

Vinny, I just like to be clear on this; is the Dryad you mentioned supposed to be the Nymph we met in the woods? No big deal and all just curious :poke:

Also Adermar last position was guarding the back of the group so he would logically be near the cave entrance. Unless you’re leaving him out until Rupert post?

ERL

Shoot, it was a Nymph. Yeah, the "dryad" is the Nymph, but it was polymorphed hag that used the Nymph as a disguise. Your spell showed it was a magical creature... ::):

If Adermar post, then that means he stayed back at the entrance, saw the Nymph go in, and can be in a position to sneak attack it from the back.

However, if he doesn't post till after we finish the battle, then just consider the Nymph/hag knocking him unconscious or casting a sleep spell on him while he was outside.