Stonehaven Adventurers 2020

Lidless Eye

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my pledge in today of the Adventurers and Orcs.  Great sculpts and casts as always.  After nearly a decade of backing their projects, got my first mispack...two Tielfling Geomancers instead of the Tengu Rogue.  Messaged them and there's already tracking info for a package heading my way....great customer service!

On 12/31/2020 at 2:44 AM, Lidless Eye said:

Got my pledge in today of the Adventurers and Orcs.  Great sculpts and casts as always.  After nearly a decade of backing their projects, got my first mispack...two Tielfling Geomancers instead of the Tengu Rogue.  Messaged them and there's already tracking info for a package heading my way....great customer service!

Received the replacement Tengu Rogue yesterday, I just want to repeat how happy I am with their customer service.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

The pieces all look great...any idea where I look to figure out where the wings go?

I googled it and managed to find a picture (Unfortunately the one I found is a strange file type so I can't attach it). The wings were actually backwards of how I expected them to go, so I may leave them off

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      I have been spending Minivember catching up a bit on my  Portable Fantasy Campaign project.  I’ve been chipping away at it as a campaign for five armies since early 2017, and it builds on a 2014 initiative to put a travel fantasy game in a box that will fit under an airline seat, so that I can take it to a convention regardless of my mode of travel. Anyway, I decided to have a little fun and paint an unplanned stand of figures as a reward for finally getting the first couple of stands of orcs for the orcish army finished. All three figures here are from the Caesar Miniatures Fantasy Adventurers box set, originally issued around 2010.  As a result of early imprinting by the Airfix company, I have always had a fondness for the 1/72 plastic figures, and I bought a bunch of the initial release when Caesar started making fantasy figures.  Unfortunately, they have been rather intermittantly in production, and don’t seem to be currently available.  Even finding a box floating in the Bay of Ease would be a small miracle at the moment.  But, I do have a bunch.*

As you can see by Sir Forescale shimmed up so that his feet are about level with the feet of the sorceress et al., these women are pretty small by Reaper standards. (This does make finishing 30 in a month a somewhat easier task, counterbalanced a little by the level of brush control needed to work at that level.

For whatever reason, Caesar packed a lot more of these sorceresses in their boxes than the second, left-hand-staff, figure. (See PSR article linked above.) We have played around in various ways with the large spheroid on the top of her staff.  My sons have painted it into a skull; I sliced one off and added a rustic broom using some two-part epoxy, etc.  For this one, I tried going with a plant theme, so I halved the staff head, painted a flower on top, and leaves on the sides.  The flower theme is then echoed in her bodice embroidery and the bodyguard’s shield.

That all seemed like a good excuse to use a flowering tuft on the base.

Back to painting orcs…

• By Citrine
      I am planning on running a Savage Worlds Tyrnador campaign.  The campaign steals heavily from the new Pathfinder Savage World ruleset. 

My son created a hallfing commander and he chose the halfling with the torch from the Dungeon Dwellers set as his character.  I modified the mini by adding a banner (after watching several tutorial videos).  He selected a green 4-leaf clover on an orange background for the banner.  Was a fun little project with some neat freehand.

His friend created a dwarf ranger/smith as his character and choose the Stonehaven Mechanist (SKU 2795) to represent him:

• By Glitterwolf
      Youngest Vixen's Boyfriend has a friend who owns the Boardgame Dark Souls.
      He asked if I would paint the minis for him.
      So here's the first batch.
      The main characters and the core troops.

I went for Tabletop Quality.

WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/96134-painting-dark-souls-board-games-miniatures-by-glitterwolf/page/2/#comments
      Next up wil be the big meanies..

• By lexomatic
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1241236607/wickerpunk-rpg?ref=activity

Hi, we're Crow Land Publishing, and here's our first book, Wickerpunk. A supplement book for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition, with application for all fantasy and horror games, such as Pathfinder, Call Of Cthulhu and even superhero games, like Champions. It will be 275 pages.
      Folk horror – horror and supernatural fiction that relies on elements of the past, folklore, superstition, the dreadful majesty of nature, the darkest urges of old religion. And old gods. Where the landscape itself is a symbol of fear and dark majesty. 

Heroic fantasy – a dream of blades and magic, a dream of defiance of the dark powers of the world, where we can be our truest ideals of our self. 

And when these genres collide – we have Wickerpunk.  A genre in which the ancient and natural world of the Wyld meets the imperialist world of Industry.
      If you like film such as Gawain and the Green Knight, Dragonslayer and The VVitch, you'll like our book.
      If you like games such as Maiden of Sker, Greedfall, and Hellblade, you’ll like our book. 

If you like anime such as Princess Mononoke, The Ancient Magus’ Bride and Faery Gone, you’ll like our book.
      If you like TV shows such as The Witcher, Game of Thrones, (especially the White Walkers stuff!) and the classic 1980s Robin of Sherwood, you’ll like our book. 
      If you like novels such as The Mists of Avalon, The Dark Is Rising and The Broken Sword, you’ll like our book. 
      Wickerpunk is a sourcebook that instructs GMs and players alike on what wickerpunk looks like in a game of D&D or any fantasy roleplaying game.
    • By Westfalia
      We have a small and short campaign live at Kickstarter.
      As the clunky title suggests, It's about a big virus, his small buddy and some masked adventurers.

The all in level is 50 USD (60 Canadian) + postage

Thanks for having a look!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/westfaliaminiatures/flying-virus-monster-vs-masked-adventurers