Sign in to follow this  
GodOfCheese

Murkillor, or "the stairway to nowhere"

Nice effects.  Wasn't aware of a problem on the back, mine is still in blister. 

• Thanks 1

Lovely stuff. Really like the variety and complexity of hues you incorporated into his garments. The OSL works really well, too. The back of his cloak could be enhanced with a bit more definition or contrast, but not necessarily being much brighter.

Otherwise the base is awesome, great sense of place and derelict atmosphere. If possible, I would work the staircase more into the ground texture. Right now it sits more on top of it. Another idea would be vegetation or ivy, to add a bit of green to the mix.

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2020 at 2:29 AM, Peithetairos said:

Lovely stuff. Really like the variety and complexity of hues you incorporated into his garments. The OSL works really well, too. The back of his cloak could be enhanced with a bit more definition or contrast, but not necessarily being much brighter.

Otherwise the base is awesome, great sense of place and derelict atmosphere. If possible, I would work the staircase more into the ground texture. Right now it sits more on top of it. Another idea would be vegetation or ivy, to add a bit of green to the mix.

Thanks!  I was kind of struggling with staircase-to-ground transition.  I thought about putting some cotton "fog" around the base, but cotton is so fragile that I would worry it would become unusable for gameplay.  Vegetation sounds good though... I might try that if I can find/make some flock that doesn't detract from the whole washed-out effect prevalent in the rest of it :-)

On 7/21/2020 at 10:18 PM, GodOfCheese said:

...noticed that the chainmail on his back doesn't exactly meet up.  I wasn't sure what to do with that -- if I shaved it down, it seemed like it wasn't going to match up and there would still be a visible seam. 

1) It is scale armor. 

2) It looks like the scale armor is deteriorating and has lost a horizontal row of scales. Not unexpected for the equipment on a wraith that’s been dead 3 or 4 centuries. 

3) Chainmail should have interlocking  horizontal rows. 

• Like 3