RMI 02449 Callus Darklore, Necromancer by Jim Johnson

Otyugh

This mini of my favorite evil mage type figures. I painted it a while back, and it has seen heavy use (gaming, displaying, a few moves, an a couple of stunt dives off a congested gaming table). I plan on touching up the chipped areas (see edge of scroll), but I would like to know how to make the paint more durable for future minis.

The Callus figure was de-flashed, sanded, primed, painted, and then given a clear coat.

RMI 2449 Callus Darklore  Jim Johnson 1.jpg

RMI 2449 Callus Darklore  Jim Johnson 3.jpg

RMI_2449_Callus_Darklore__Jim_Johnson_4.jpg

RMI 2449 Callus Darklore  Jim Johnson 6.jpg

• Like 13

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice archetypal mage- very vivid and I like the scroll. I don't know anything beyond what Glitterwolf has said, but have found that some minis, particularly metal ones, just have spots where the paint comes off no matter how carefully I wash, prime and then seal them.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello my little Rearperlificos!

so tonight just got finished up and photographed, a male and female fighter in plate armor, sculpted by the enigmatic Jim Johnson (one of those sculptors I know nothing about but has had a hugely prolific career) that he sculpted I think back in the nineties when he did a range of figures for Partha, which were a male and a female version of the same character class. I've already painted up a bunch of these different figures, and these are my most recent ones.  I wanted to do red as their breastplates, helmets and grieves with more bronze tones than gold, after seeing Anne Forester working on bronzes in Twitch with the Kickstarter V Centaur.  I'n not ver happy how the vertical bronze strip came out on the male fighter, but buh, too lazy to really keep fixing to perfection.  Also, this is the second time I took pictures of these figures because there was lots of crud, dust and hair on the figures the first time.  I went back and rephotographed them a second time and I still see a few little dust spots even though I knocked a bunch of them off.  Anyhoos, here they are for your viewing pleasure:

the female:

The male:

and being they were originally sold in a blister pack together, here they are in the same photo:

I would usually put them on bases but the gal has a wide base that is a little too big to fit on the one inch base, and I didn't have a slightly larger base sitting around so I just sealed them really good and am going to leave them like that. In any case they just sit in a display case, a display case in my unfinished basement that nobody except myself ever sees, oh the humanity......
    • By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, here's 02405, D'Mona the Vampire sculpted by Jim Johnson. I went with true metallic paint on the shield and NNM on the armor.

• By jwitham75
      The runes on the scroll were meant to be all glowy, but it's a bit hard to see against the light colour of the parchment.

• By R2ED
      Just keep on plugging away at these bones 5 set.  So so so much to paint still. 

Here we go.  The necromancer.

I am going to say i hate bone white from vallejo.  That stuff has terrible coverage.  Chalky.   And thinning it makes it take forever to dry.  Not a fan.  Every time i is it i think, "i should mark this bottle with an x."  

I wanted the cape to be darker red, but it still works.  I was nearly going to paint it purple and make her clothes red, but didn't.  She looks way way way too colorful for a necromancer, but it's what it is now.  

• By KruleBear
      This one has been on the desk for awhile to receive paint as there was extra on the palette. I decided to finish him off last night. Added highlights to the cloak and skulls. Shaded everything, but the cloak with Army Painter Dark Tone. I didn’t add any highlights or shading beyond the basics as it isn’t a great cast. But, I think it turned out great for the toy box.