Sign in to follow this  
Otyugh

Does anyone know the part numbers for these vintage Scrye Counters?

Been digging through my CCGs and found 3 out of 4 my Scrye Counters. I think these are from the early to mid 90's. I am trying to catalogue my minis, and wondered if anyone knows the part numbers for them.

The gold plated one has the mini RMI 02005 Tox by Julie Guthrie.

The painted scrye counter with a single disk has a girl with the orb mini, RMI 02020 Sarah the Seeress by Sandra Garrity.

The third scrye counter uses 2 disks and maxes out at 200 points and has the mini RMI 02006 Sidrith Sword Sister by Sandra Garrity.

These counters were used, so please ignore the chipped paint.

Scrye Counter 1 .jpg

Scrye Counter 2 Garrity 1.jpg

Scrye Counter 2 Garrity 2.jpg

Scrye Counter 2 Garrity 3.jpg

Scrye Counter 3 Garrity 1.jpg

Scrye Counter 3 Garrity 2.jpg

Edited by Otyugh
Edited this for a combo of late night fat fingers and spell check's random replacements of words
  • Like 7

@otyugh

Are you asking for the part numbers of the scrye counters themselves? :) because it seems you have the models numbered already.

• Like 2

Nice!  I've never seen anyone actually paint one before.  I have one around somewhere that I never opened. 

• Like 2

Love these pictures--back when I was still playing Magic the Addiction, I found a plain flat version of the Scrye counter--with no figure on the dial in the middle. Never saw one like it again, and I loved it because it could be packed in between decks in my card box for easier transport--it was my loyal companion through many many games. Little did I know it was actually my very first encounter with Reaper "Minatures". 

• Like 3

@reaper_jon.

I'd be very curious to know whether it's possible to have just a flat pointer cast as a special request? I think that its understandable that the base itself with the Scrye branding is absolutely verboten, don't ask, nope, afraid not, why do you keep asking, not going to happen, sorry, I mean really, please, stop, I don't care how much money you offer me, wait, HOW MUCH?!, err well maybe... but what about for just that middle dial/pointer?  

If you had the base already but the dial had gotten lost or wasn't there when it was found/rescued--could a new one be cast for just that part? asking for a friend....

Edited by Dr Bob
  • Like 5

Yes, I have been looking for the part numbers for the scrye counters. I bought them new, but the boxes with the pns on the got lost in one of the moves...

• Like 3

We use the Scrye Counters for all kinds of games.

I have one, somewhere, that is an enameled eye, rather than a figure.

Ultra pro also released a card sized variety (it fits in the deck box).

20200728_161357.jpg

• Like 4

Totally off topic--but since you picked that as Forum name, I figure you might know--how exactly do you pronounce Otyugh? 

Ever since I saw that shark faced nasty in the original Monster Manual, I've struggled with getting those letters together as a pronounceable word; the closest I think I get is "Oh-two-Ugh"--how do you say it?

And just to be fair--mine is pronounced "NyS-HAU-Tuh, Bouygh Uhr TAWL!"

• Haha 3

Ought-yug. kinda like a sewer monkey, but uglier, with tentacles and eats human waste (good euphemism?). Neutral hungry type monster.

The first and second ed MM had some pretty scary artwork.

2 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Totally off topic--but since you picked that as Forum name, I figure you might know--how exactly do you pronounce Otyugh? 

Ever since I saw that shark faced nasty in the original Monster Manual, I've struggled with getting those letters together as a pronounceable word; the closest I think I get is "Oh-two-Ugh"--how do you say it?

Found the individual minis...

RMI 02006 Sidrith Sword Sister by Sandra Garrity

20200731_113612.jpg

And RMI 02005 Tox by Julie Guthrie. The gold plated one on the counter is nice and all, but painted minis are always better!

20200731_113648.jpg

I never got around to purchasing a copy of RMI 02020 Sarah the Seeress by Sandra Garrity.

• Like 2

Finally found the box for the gold plated Tox scrye counter.  The part number is RC003GP Gold Plate Scrye Life Counter.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2020 at 3:25 PM, Dr Bob said:

I've always pronounced it Oh-tee-ugh. D&D Beyond, also pronounces it this way. Thou I feel the speaker put more into the "Oh" part a bit more then I do.

• Like 3