• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Evilhalfling said:

Brilliant Colors! 

and the flowers go really well. 

I painted up mine for a campaign as well - which also ended too soon. 

Thanks, pandemic ruined our game night. Luckily we can still play online, but we don't use the models that way.

59 minutes ago, Darcstaar said:

Excellent!  Really love the bright green and red.

Thanks, bit of an experiment with the red. I used the citadel spiritstone red gemstone gloss. Although it covered my  pink highlights, visually it looked really gruesome too me. So I decided to use a lot of it (at some point I was committed to it) It is clear so my highlights still helped with the effect.

7 hours ago, Peithetairos said:

Beautiful work. You really got some nice vibrant colours going. What is your usual method to achieve the effect, without colours getting too subdued?

Thanks!

Mostly just eyeballing the layers, to see if I should go a bit brighter. More of a judgement call on when to stop. Reapers color triads are good but usually missing an in between color or brighter highlight. Most of the time I am using 4 variations of a color for highlighting and maybe a glaze to get them blended nicer. I don't have time for smooth blends.  It usually comes down to something working nice or something not and working to fix it if any of that makes any sense. :)

2 hours ago, Iridil said:

Inspiring and beautiful - the shading on those intense green, the unnaturally bright red... wow - and then you echoed those colors with the basing... brilliant!

Thanks!

I struggle with basing and wish I could do more. I knew I wanted a contrast between life and death and was hoping it would not be to much green where the dragon would end up being lost. 

• Like 4