Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Miskatonic Faculty: Ervin Friedman, Marine Biology, and NorthStar Professor

A return to the hallowed, mouldering halls of Miskatonic University, this time to check in on the professors of Marine Science and Oriental Studies!
Here's 50046, Dr. Ervin Friedman. A classic mad scientist sculpt; love the dynamic "Eureka!/I'll show them, I'll show them ALL!" pose. Friedman looks like a chemist, but I had the tank from 77493, Brain-in-a-Jar and some little fish from a craft store lying around and made another fishtank

DSCN8701.thumb.JPG.f370a4113be868b1b9c927406207909a.JPGDSCN8702.thumb.JPG.6e0ce61fd7fa19767de37b87df0688a3.JPG

Click for more angles.

Spoiler

DSCN8703.thumb.JPG.807d4df05eb85f4eaf7c29ef5266a466.JPGDSCN8704.thumb.JPG.91399e0b2f2b2ed22cbf8706efe0e3fe.JPG

I imagine he gets on well with his colleague Dr. Froschmeister.

DSCN8705.thumb.JPG.1e01999830d49ea13e9cbb2c3ce3f581.JPGDSCN8708.thumb.JPG.79b246192a7d30d43e789caf5911cf41.JPG

Next up, the Professor from NorthStar's "In Her Majesty's Name" line. An academic in the humanities, an eccentric genius with very good fashion sense. I will fix that smoking jacket one day, but it's tabletop ready for now. He's got a very expressive pose and I can just imagine him dilating on abstruse facets of the art traditions of forgotten empires and smell the pipe-tobacco and old leather. 

DSCN8691.thumb.JPG.e59284d923dd1cc068d42721fb16421b.JPG

DSCN8690.thumb.JPG.46091d6c743a52338cbc9500de4cba36.JPGDSCN8692.thumb.JPG.b924fdc13ceacdfb7c8ae81b9b248b8d.JPGDSCN8693.thumb.JPG.7d06734d2c4c2ec5e70b8776ead83484.JPGDSCN8694.thumb.JPG.2f8a9c02df5c56a642b9367e2cdf8abb.JPG

• Like 21

I love it, and don't you dare chance that jacket!

It suits him!

Love the fishtank, creative thinking!

• Like 2

Wonderful, though I detect a bit of rivalry between the two scientists. Is one up for tenure, perhaps? 

Dr. Friedman is wonderful -but his fish tanks steal the sceen.... And the professor's smoking jacket... perfect! And I really like the chalkboard... 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 7:11 AM, Glitterwolf said:

I love it, and don't you dare chance that jacket! It suits him!

Love the fishtank, creative thinking!

On 7/30/2020 at 10:45 AM, Iridil said:

Dr. Friedman is wonderful -but his fish tanks steal the sceen.... And the professor's smoking jacket... perfect! And I really like the chalkboard... 

Thank you! The quilted squares on the jacket look better at some distance; should have been more patient but not bad for a first attempt. 
I was pretty stoked about the fishtank--love using old bitz for set dressing. 
Chalkboard was one of my first props from scratch--just matchsticks, pins, and a rectangle of plastic. The good faculty have gotten plenty of use out of it!

On 7/30/2020 at 10:45 AM, Inarah said:

Wonderful, though I detect a bit of rivalry between the two scientists. Is one up for tenure, perhaps? 

A clash of personalities? In academia? Perish forbid! :lol: 
Office politics can be especially cutthroat at Miskatonic, where one party might render your corpse into essential saltes and the other induce atavistic reversion into some kind of horrible fishman. You don't even want to think about the annual performance reviews. 

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this