Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Rob Dean
      Ok, gang, I’ll be honest.  I shouldn’t post this now without all the well written explanation of what I’m about here, but it isn’t coming and I would like to get this posted...
       
      Earlier this year, in the before times, I did another of these stands.  These are for a Hordes of the Things elvish army (primarily) and are expected to be “beast” stands — rapidly moving, at home in rough terrain.  
       
      This was a speed paint; all three figures took an hour.
       

       
      With the 1/72s, I like to paint a little more than is necessary, for my own amusement.  Here’s a closer crop of the sorceress:
       

       
      The leaf pattern freehand is a bit dodgy.  Amazingly, the necklace is actually cast into the figure.
       
      But it’s all a bit irrelevant when the whole group is arrayed on the stand:
       

       

       
      A bit over contrasty; had to use a flash to take the pictures.
       
      A layer of sand  and glue to hide the bases, a couple of tufts, some flock, and a spray varnish and they are as ready as they are going to get:
       



       
    • By HolkDiggity
      A while back, I bought some Ammo Mig vegetation and saw it in my terrain drawer. I decided to paint something really quickly as an excuse to give the vegetation a shot. I painted up this dude in an hour, and then spent an hour messing with the Ivy and the Hart's Tongue. I'm happy with the way it turned out, and the experience means that I'll make them even better next time.


    • By Rob Dean
      So, I finished off the elf lady to boss the two saprolings at lunch yesterday, and the red witch today.  I don’t do much greenstuff work; her broom is especially rustic...
       

       

       
      The saprolings look more impressive when upscaled; maybe 9 feet in comparison to the 1/72 figures...
    • By Crowley
      I had president's day off, so to take advantage of it, I decided to speed paint some saprolings and some ghouls. I'll get around to posting the ghouls shortly...

      First up, the twig blights (though really, at this size, they're more like branch blights) were all given a good hot water and soap scrub, and then primed with Brown Liner.

      Then I painted them in successive highlights using Walnut Brown, Nut Brown, and Desert Stone. I then blotted them irregularly with Muddy Olive. 

      I stuck them on 1" slotta bases (GW style) and numbered each one, then I painted on some wood glue, and flocked them. 


       
    • By Maledrakh
      I had some browns and greens left over on my pallette from working on some orclings, so I put the colours to use together with some vallejo smokey ink for the dark stain. Just globbed a few different shades on, drybrushed some others here and there, dotted in the eyes and teeth and hey presto.
       
       


      I glued some basing flock to it's branches for the finishing touch. 30mm base
       
      Together with this Swamp Demon from Conan the Board Game:




       
       
      These were both really quick and easy, which often is the case where the colours are similar all over.
      25mm integral base.
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 3 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...