SGHawkins09

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all!

2 hours ago, Fencig said:

Hope you paint/ post with the other 2  as a set................please :)

I would but this was a gift and the others went with it unpainted. I do plans on getting them again so redoing it might be possible. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Iridil said:

Well met challenge - works perfectly for the sculpt too. That purple is outstanding!

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Otyugh said:

I am resisting making a remark about a wine bottle cork, a purple gnome thief, and a recently empty bottle of wine...:ik_oops:

:lol:

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening Reaper folks!

Tonight another Stonehaven Miniatures figure, a Gnome Ranger with a crossbow.  A fun and quite petite figure and the funnest part of this was was choosing hair color, hope you guys like him!

Really starting to get into painting Stonehaven, some very fun and expressive figures, full of personality!

• By annexation
      Love me a good Bobby Jackson sculpt and here's two that I finally got around to painting. Darkest Dungeon was the inspiration, and I don't have too many models painted up in green so they were a nice learning experience. I even tried mixing in some green into the NMM which I've never done before and I was ecstatic with how it turned out!

• By 72moonglum
      In a world where an entire player race seems to have been mostly overlooked throughout the years, Stonehaven Miniatures created a Kickstarter that was oriented mostly for the fine folk, and made a bunch of different gnome characters, male and female, cast in metal.  Here are two of them that I've recently finished, a Gnome Paladin and a Gnome Scout:

These are some really small miniatures, and as I finally was able to photograph them I could see a few spots that I could probably improve upon them, but being that these are just for fun and enjoyable, I think I'm happy where I am with them.  

The hair on them is a little bit outside of the natural realm of color, not your typical blonde, black, brown or red.  I sent an email to the sculptor Mike Evans and asked him how he imagined his gnomes, with natural color hair or more fantasy colors and he said bright colors, so I kind of followed that idea with these two.  

I still live in that past of the old D & D description which talked about them having skin the color or wood and either blonde or white hair, but I'm trying to move away from that pretty old concept.  I've seen art for gnomes in other newer D&D books and they are certainly more vibrant than before

Anyhoos, hope you enjoy them!
    • By Rob Dean
      I’m away from home (again) with my travel paint kit.  I was experimenting a couple of months back with a Zorn palette of 4 paints.

A rogue seemed like the sort of person who might want to be somewhat subdued in color, so I decided that this Ral Partha rogue from The Adventurers range (set 98-013 Female Adventurers) would be a good figure to paint with the Zorn colors to stay in practice.

It wouldn’t hurt to actually read/watch some theory on NMM, but there’s not too much metal on her besides the dagger, so it should pass on the tabletop.  

She is part of an effort to ensure a reasonable selection of PCs for my planned OD&D ampaign revival.

• By jwitham75
      Black jack painted up as a spellcasting rogue, hence the osl effect on the outstretched hand.
      Painted 90% with oils. Much easier to learn with them when it is essentially monochrome and you can just focus on light and shadow.