Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Do lady halflings paint their toes??

So that’s my doubt and question.  I have a halfling lass that I have essentially painted, but I hadn’t done finger nails.  Thinking though they have those delightful feet, my questions is, do they also paint their toenails?  The one I’m painting is a small Tom Meier model, so hands down and feet are pretty fine and delicate, so wondering whether or not it’s going to be worth doing painted nails, but do I have to do twenty instead of ten in this case?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'd say that depends on the lady in question. 

A fine lady may use a subtle colour, a tavern maid or 'professional' may use a gaudy colour, and someone otside working in the fields probably won't bother because her toes will be covered in dirt anyway...   

Or any reason you could care to think of both for and against. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

I'd say that depends on the lady in question. 

A fine lady may use a subtle colour, a tavern maid or 'professional' may use a gaudy colour, and someone otside working in the fields probably won't bother because her toes will be covered in dirt anyway...   

Or any reason you could care to think of both for and against. 

How about a Druid?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 72moonglum said:

How about a Druid?

the paints going to come off the first time she she shapechanges and claws someones eyes out. 

I only if she was going to a dance - or some other formal, supposedly non-combat event. 

(but YMMV  the last dance I sent a party to was interrupted by dwarf boxing and a pack of raptors trying to eat the nobles, the druid leading the raptors had not painted his claws) 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

the paints going to come off the first time she she shapechanges and claws someones eyes out. 

I only if she was going to a dance - or some other formal, supposedly non-combat event. 

(but YMMV  the last dance I sent a party to was interrupted by dwarf boxing and a pack of raptors trying to eat the nobles, the druid leading the raptors had not painted his claws) 

Never considered that aspect of being a Druid!  I think in the end I’m going to leave her without painted nails, neither toes nor fingers!  I just think it might look a bit odd and really the figure is so small, I don’t want to make them overly big or noticeable. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

But what if it's the new " Chapechangingproof, Waterproof nailpolish from Pezler's Inc" ?

Why wouldn't she?

Of course you will also need to paint a Bear with pink nailpolish then..

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Does a Halfling Lady have hairy feet ?!?  And would she shave them?  That’s the question!

• Haha 4

Just now, TGP said:

Does a Halfling Lady have hairy feet ?!?  And would she shave them?  That’s the question!

Also a legitimate question!  This mini at least came with fuzzy feet!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Also a legitimate question!  This mini at least came with fuzzy feet!

The only conclusion we can draw from that is that she may not like wearing socks, but still likes to keep her feet warm. We need more data. And some opinions from people who might regularly wear nail polish...

• Like 4

Of course a halfling lady will have hairy feet!    

A Halfling without hairy feet is like a Dwarf without a beard... 

I bet that those who has had to shave the hair on their feet for some reason or other( got them covered in glue, maybe...) even have 'wigs' to put on. 

Of course a lady might braid some of the hair... 

• Like 3

Toes? Doubtful.

Toenails? Why not? It's not like they can obsess in shoe stores like the human women. I'd reckon they obsess over toenail polishes, lacquers, and colors instead.

• Like 4

Maybe said halfling lady doesn't subscribe to the silly human prejudice against perfectly natural adult body hair? Especially a druid! When you occasionally cover your entire body in a luxurious pelt of fur, why would you feel compelled to shave parts of your body at any other time?

That said, depending on the length of said pedal hair, if I were a halfling woman I'd be more concerned about my foot hair getting stuck in my nail polish. Now THAT is unsightly!

• Like 3

Which raises the question, does she dye her pedal hair instead of her toenails then?

And will she stop there or will we see a perfectly blond or red bear next time she shifts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1