Getting to know you August 2020

Corsair

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

Question for 6 August 2020: Tea...hot or cold, sweet or not?

Hot and cold, yes (oh, that Katy Perry song is going to get stuck in my head now...). If it's a hot black tea, sweetened with honey. If it's cold, honey doesn't dissolve as easily, so sugar it is. In both cases served with a twist of lemon to balance the sweetness.

Green tea is a bit different. Sometimes it gets a bit of sweetness, but normally I drink it straight. I avoid it when it's cold. And not a fan of herbal teas.

In all cases, the tea leaves get saved, dried thoroughly, and used as basing/flocking material.

• Like 9

On 8/4/2020 at 2:00 PM, TGP said:

Good afternoon! Question for 4 August 2020: Black Gobbo and the White Wolf are gone, do you have old archived copies of hobby magazines? Do you sporadically purchase, or subscribe to, any publications that have survived? 

I have a few copies of various old, assorted European publications. I had a bunch of Privateer Press' mags and some old White Dwarfs, but I cut the articles I like out and recycle the rest. Presently, my FLGS gives me old WDs for dirt cheap just before they trash them. I also have some Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy issues in PDF. No storage or expensive shipping costs that way.  

• Like 9

Anyone else make sun tea? Might be a southern US thing (my mom hails from there), but on a warm/hot sunny day, you fill a large glass jar with water and tea bags, then leave it out directly in the sun for a few hours. The heat from the sun warms the water and extracts the tea, instead of having to boil it. It's then usually served as iced tea.

Really not any different from a normal iced tea, just an interesting way of making it.

4 hours ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

It belongs in the harbor, so whatever the water temperature is there is fine.

Only when there is taxation without representation, sir!

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Anyone else make sun tea?

Used to do it that way, but we eventually discovered that a jar of water with tea bags in it will brew in the refrigerator.  I'm sure it takes longer, but if you have room in the fridge, it means less toting glass jars back and forth. 

I prefer to add a light amount of sweetener before it goes in the fridge, a mix of sucralose and sugar. I like both hot and cold.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

Green tea: lightly sweet :B):

Tea that isn't green: as bitter as a scorned lover, as strong as a bull :devil:

Tea that isn't made from tea leaves: now that depends on what you've got going there, doesn't it :ph34r:

I'm not picky about temp. I can drink it hot, cold, sun, bottled, vending machine, etc

• Like 11

55 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Anyone else make sun tea? Might be a southern US thing (my mom hails from there), but on a warm/hot sunny day, you fill a large glass jar with water and tea bags, then leave it out directly in the sun for a few hours. The heat from the sun warms the water and extracts the tea, instead of having to boil it. It's then usually served as iced tea.

You can do that at room temperature, too.  Usually leave it over night and put it in the fridge the following morning. 

I drink green tea hot, with a spare amount of sugar. 

I'm not an herbal fan, unless there is medicinal need. 

• Like 11

7 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Only when there is taxation without representation, sir!

That was how we first discovered tea belongs in the harbor. However since there were far fewer attacks on shipping by mermaids after that, it became obvious that something in it acts as a mermaid repellent and the effect lasts for far longer than anyone could've anticipated.

Therefore, if people go around drinking the tea instead of dumping it along the coasts and shipping lanes, then the increased demand makes anti-mermaid defense more expensive than it needs to be.

Then there's the fact that tea is a vile plot by the Elves, by drinking it, one opens oneself up to Elven influence. Which is a possible explanation for some of the things that British Empire got up to once they got hooked on the stuff. 

Edited by Lord of the Dish Pit
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

On 8/5/2020 at 9:31 AM, Corsair said:

Good morning!

Question for 5 August 2020: Is Decaf really coffee? Or is it a plot to poison the Great @Crowley

How do you poison someone with bad coffee flavored brown water? :huh:

11 hours ago, Corsair said:

Tea, like coffee, hot and black. No sugar.

• Like 10