Getting to know you August 2020

Corsair

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Question for 10 August 2020, Who was your first romantic kiss?

Discounting the friendly sort of smooches, I think the first steamy kiss was with a brief flame named Denise.

My Ex, Old Crazy Linda, was hands down THE BEST kisser I ever encountered, but she came along years after Denise.

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, Corsair said:

My first romantic kiss was from my first girlfriend in high school, when I was 14.  It was after school and we were waiting for our respective school buses, along the fence by the pool.

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Redacted. I swear it isn't because of not remembering, not having had my morning coffee yet, or, y'know, kisses are a lot more than just "romantic". 

I also swear it isn't because I'm not really the romantic type (although hubby would probably argue otherwise, but I don't do a lot of the "typical" romantic things) 

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

On 8/7/2020 at 7:40 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for today 7August 2020: What is, or was, your favorite job?

My favorite job would be my current job, one of them anyway.  I enjoy troubleshooting, solving problems, and writing automation.  My employer is cognizant of the effects of technical debt and actively tries to pay it off, which is rather refreshing.

On 8/8/2020 at 8:54 AM, Corsair said:

Questions for 8 & 9 August!

8th, Do you own a dog, are owned by a cat, or other pets?

9th, What was your favorite pet/animal story from this forum?

8th: No.  I feed wildlife (mostly birds) but that's about it.

9th: The ongoing saga of Crazy Crow is the most memorable but I'm not certain it's my favorite.  (On the other hand, it's the only one I can think of right now...)

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

That would have been my first girlfriend.  Even if we had no other issues, that relationship was probably doomed (her mother really didn't like me because I was neither rich nor came from a rich family).  Every so often, I wonder what's become of her.  Even though we didn't part on the best of terms, I hope she's truly happy.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I've read  multiple sources saying that cats can't taste sweet things :rock: If that's true, then at least a third of my lifetime feline overlords have been atypical because they were complete sugar fiends!

He pulled the same trick with cake batter yesterday. That stuff drips EVERYWHERE :wacko:

I have also read this multiple times.

But they're also known to have an acute sense of smell. So maybe it's the scent of a particular ingredient that drives it to culinary heists.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2020 at 8:54 AM, Corsair said:

Questions for 8 & 9 August!

8th, Do you own a dog, are owned by a cat, or other pets?

9th, What was your favorite pet/animal story from this forum?

8th: We currently have three cats - Moggy, Franklin and the Amazing Maurice. Moggy is the oldest and the other two are siblings. They were both kittens abandoned by mom when we got them and not completely ready for life without a parent. So they immediately latched onto Moggy (who is 20 pounds of enormous black cat) when they arrived here and have been treating him like a surrogate mom ever since. Moggy doesn't really like this but the other two are very persistent.

20190411_093800.jpg.780b1689590ff424328f9bb031e4bd37.jpg

And we have one tiny dog named Benny who is a feral little thing plucked from the woods of Appalachia as a puppy. Benny is having a hard time being the only dog right now. He's constantly confused about how to behave after our big dog passed last month. He's not terribly bright so he just imitates what he sees and hopes it's what we want out of him. Now that he doesn't have a big dog to follow around and ape, he's desperately trying to act like one of the cats. Problem is they terrify him. Thankfully we trained our big dog to use an outdoor gravel "litter box" and that bit of imitation has stuck with him.

9th: I like most all of the stories shared here, but yeah, Kuroneko's frosting cat story gave my wife and I a good chuckle.

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Ginger. This really tall blond girl in junior high. Her and her family operate a little florist business these days.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

My first boyfriend. I'd kissed people before him but he was the first one I'd consider romantic. I was 15 almost 16. We dated for 4ish years then parted ways amicably. We are still friends and he even came to my wedding to help shoot video.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Actually, it was my sister. We were watching soap operas and decided to try it out. We were probably 10 and 12 at the time. Mom and dad were never romantic, so this was our chance! You can probably guess how well it went...

Edited by Great Khan Artist
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1