Getting to know you August 2020

Corsair

10 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

And here I was, coming up with an extravagant plan in the likes of classic teen/high school comedy films such as American Pie, Road Trip, and EuroTrip to rectify this... only it was more of a PG-rated plan, as we were only out to get you a romantic kiss... maybe a PG-13 rating, but ONLY for the possible use of harsh language... and now all that effort is wasted!

Teen comedy?  I thought everyone on this forum was at least in their 30s . ::P:

• Haha 9

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, VitM said:

Teen comedy?  I thought everyone on this forum was at least in their 30s . ::P:

That's profiling, and profiling is wrong... even if it may be true in my case...

But they also don't make many movies of people in their 30's seeking a first kiss/date/whatever to base my joke on (except 40 Year Old Virgin... or Never Been Kissed), so gotta work with what is available.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 11 August 2020:

Which would you rather find under your bed? One of @buglips*the*goblin's socks, one of @malefactus' mushrooms or one of @Glitterwolf's glitter bombs?

Obviously I got a whole stash of glitterbombs under my bed, just in case, you know...

I would rather not smell/find a sock.

One of those shrooms wouldn't be bad, I have one and I like it!!!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 10

5 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Which would you rather find under your bed? One of @buglips*the*goblin's socks, one of @malefactus' mushrooms or one of @Glitterwolf's glitter bombs?

Well, you all know my stance on glitter, so that's right out... and I do hate mystery smells, so the sock is probably out too (plus you never know what that sock has been used for...)... so I'll have to go with the mushroom, by elimination.

Besides, the mushroom is from malefactus... everybody loves a fun guy (yup,  I did it, played the dad-joke card).

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Corsair said:

The @buglips*the*goblin socks are out, have enough sinus issues,

@malefactus Mushrooms? Yeah.....can't say.

@Glitterwolf's glitter bombs? Interesting, but can't say.

Yeah, I'm going to have to plead the fifth on account of this being a family friendly forum. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Definitely one of the shrooms! Although I do try to keep @malefactus's mushrooms locked in the display cabinet/book shelf.

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Definitely not the sock.  That would mean he was here, which would immediately activate protocol BTG1, total lock down  of all my old paint. It would probably already be too late by that point, leading to BTG2, extraction and relocation to a secured facility of all paint and paint related items. At that point the assumption that "he's in the walls" leads through various steps including evacuation of miniatures and cats, getting the neighbours evacuated, and eventually resulting in the inevitable BTG11, aka "Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure".  
No way I want to go through that......again. House insurance is already high enough.......

The mushroom might not be so bad, as long as it isn't one of those mobile ones...although it might be creepy knowing it is down there lurking, and likely multiplying (they seem to do that).  Next thing I know there is a whole forest of them down there, then goblins and the like start appearing....and then  next thing you know, I find a stanky sock....agh, and 90 minutes later, mushroom cloud and skyrocketing insurance rates...
Did not see that coming, one mushroom seemed so harmless.....

That leaves glitter bombs.... one would hope said glitter bomb would be switched over to the eco friendly biodegradable DAZZLE that Culture Hustle is producing......
With my vast knowledge of bad TV show bomb defusing techniques, I rate my chances of defusing said glitter bomb at > 0%. If the standard class IV Stroopwafel trigger is still being used, I put my odds higher, possibly even into the 2 digit range....

But when it inevitably goes off, well, there is no getting it out of the carpet....the good thing is I'll be working for home for quite a whole yet, so no one will see my socks covered with glitter....
Also, glitter is a known goblin repellent, so  it may actually lower my house insurance.....

Looks like I'm going with option G.

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

My Mushrooms refuse to go under the sofa/bed' re, The Dust Bunnies FROM HELL! are under there.

One of Buglip's socks might eliminate the Dust Bunny problem, but the collateral damage would be just too horrid.

That leaves the infamous glitter bomb.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 7
  • Haha 5