Getting to know you August 2020

Corsair

20 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 11 August 2020:

Which would you rather find under your bed? One of @buglips*the*goblin's socks, one of @malefactus' mushrooms or one of @Glitterwolf's glitter bombs?

For practical reasons, one of @buglips*the*goblin 's socks just in case 2020 gets worse and I need a deadly weapon for self defense.

Though a mushroom would be a lovely conversation partner, I'm sure. As for the glitter bomb, that's forbidden technology.

• Haha 10

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Corsair said:

Sorry I am so late...

Quizzle for 12 August 2020

Do you have specific dice for your Player Characters?

Nope, but sometimes I'll roll dice that have a colour either suited to my mood, or whatever said character is doing. 

The perks of having a whole Plano box of dice ^_^

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Corsair said:

Sorry I am so late...

Not feeling the Quizzle joke today... Especially after the goofy font stuff that's happened with it (check the randomness thread...).

Well, technically no. I don't play any D&D/Roleplay stuff, so no, not really. I do however have certain dice that I like to use in other board games. They're black with orange pips.

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Sorry I am so late...

I do tend to buy dice that are appropriate for my characters, if they're going to be sufficiently memorable. Currently looking for something for my viking half-orc.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Sorry I am so late...

Only in the sense that I have a set of black dice with white numbering that I've had for 20-ish years.  Not that I've had cause to use them in the last several years though.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Sorry I am so late...

No, I'm pretty much the forever GM in my group. That means I don't have specific dice for characters. Instead I have specific dice for killing characters. My group calls them the Dice of Death.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

Sorry I am so late...

just what ever the correct kind are for the game. 

I do have a few joke d6s that I use for special die in dragon age and stuff because they need to be obviously different than the other dice rolled for a check.

I also have a couple of sets of dice that match armies for games. like pan-o and combined dice for infinity, redblok dice for at-43 etc..

• Like 10

Sorry I am so late...

Yes, actually I do. I have several sets of dice, which I assign to various characters based on what makes sense for them. My grave domain priestess, for example, uses black and grey dice.

1CEBD1BC-4AD0-4BB9-838A-7DDEBD12B65C.thumb.jpeg.2ce54232d29eeca73fb0b4ddc937791f.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Not for my characters, but I use four sets of Chessex Golden Recon Speckled dice while RPGing. I like the color, they were the first set I ever bought, so I just buy all sets to match them now (no one steals them since all my dice match). I do have four orange fiery d6s that I use solely for rolling character stats, because they roll hot.

I have other random dice, but I use them for loaners (when others need more dice to make a damage roll and decide they can just reach for my Golden Recon, it earns them a slapped hand, and a "take from that pile"... my brother seems to get this treatment the most).

I should really buy more of those fiery ones...

• Like 10