Getting to know you August 2020

Corsair

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Sorry I am so late...

Quizzle for 12 August 2020

Do you have specific dice for your Player Characters?

Though I own hundreds of dice, the same sets get used again and again, regardless of the PC. Specifically the very first sets I purchased ~30 years ago. Only a single transparent yellow d8 has been lost in all that time.

As a GM however, I tend to use different d20s during fights to keep track of multiple foe attacks.

• Like 11

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Sorry I am so late...

Absolutely.  @redambrosia's comic pretty much covered it.

I'll usually start with 3-4 similarly colour themed sets for a character, then add more as they level up assuming they need to be able to roll more of dice type.

Unless I'm playing a Gnome or Halfling, then I usually use my little dice, which I have 8 or 9 sets of (in a bag, of course).

Even now, where we are playing virtually, I still use the dice for my character when rolling the HP when leveling up.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Sorry I am so late...

No.  I have sets of dice for specific games and rulesets.  I have D&D dice, Shadowrun dice, GURPS dice, Cyberpunk dice, and Call of Cthulhu dice, etc.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

Sorry I am so late...

I'm not sure I can answer that properly, mostly because every single dice I've ever owned has betrayed me horribly within a month. I wouldn't give any of them the satisfaction of being 'special' or cherished dice, they would just betray me quicker.

I keep on buying them though, mostly in the hope that one day in the far future I will find some honest, less hateful polyhederals. I picked these up online in early lockdown, perhaps they will treat me better...

81pku-IiU4L._AC_SX679_.jpg.a87e46fa9d4f782c82b5f2600010a716.jpg71yTGk2qAyL._AC_SX679_.jpg.c7a4022493917e6883ce8d07919de5ae.jpg

Probably not, though <_<

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

Sorry I am so late...

Sort of. I currently don't play RPGs, but I did buy Egyptian coloured dice for my Rangers of Shadow Deep warband. I treasure that pharaoh mini (Akbeth, heroic Pharaoh) as the hero he is. I buy faction themed dice for my war games. I came out of the store with the container of Chessex lab dice in blue and copper that I thought my Egyptians would love and showed them to my Mumsy. "Why do you need so many dice?" she asked. "'Cause they're pretty?" I said. Then "Oooh! these ones glow in the dark!" 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Sorry I am so late...

Nope. They all hate me. But I do have my own, I dont use the community chest o dice. But I wonder if that might help?

• Like 10

I DM mostly & like some have said, I do have a "PC Killer" set. Chessex Creamsicle with red lettering. Funny thing is they don't play favorites as they've killed a character of mine due to failed death saves. As far as PC dice rolling, eh, I'll use whatever I feel like using. Currently it's a set of pearl green with yellow numbers (I got it over in Eugene last September) & a Chessex lab set (purple swirl with teal/blue numbers).

Creamsicle color example:

chx27653.jpg

I will take the entire dice set with me to a game, but I always take out the d6, as I don't like d6s with #s. Gotta have pips!!! I've got a Chessex cube of pearl green with yellow for that purpose. I am looking forward to trying out the new Lab sets I got this week, next Monday!!

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Sorry I am so late...

I don't actually get to play all that often, but when I do, I try to get some dice that'll fit with them. I also try to theme my dice to my warbands/armies.

As a GM? I use ALL THE DICE!!

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 13 August 2020: What is your favorite mini you painted this year?

Went to look at the 19 figures I'd finished this year, and realized there were 23.....so .sig updated....

Everything I've painted this year so far has been Star Wars Legion, apparently.....
In terms of favorite to play, well Vader, I mean, come on.....

In terms of the paint job, it'd be one of the rebel veterans.  This guy:

20200522_IMG_0645.thumb.jpg.659a9b06ed0471056e309db8d6a64081.jpg

He's my favorite sculpt of the bunch and my favorite paint job as well.  And having his goggles on meant no eyes to paint! ::D:

• Like 14