Getting to know you August 2020

Corsair

31 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 13 August 2020: What is your favorite mini you painted this year?

Oh, I do wish I had a camera for this...

The Bones original stone giant with the overhead club. I'm really happy with the texturing I did with the grey on his body. I'm also happy with my Frostgrave gnolls, just table top, but the colour scheme is bold. I finally got to paint orange! The Walking Dead zombies I did turned out really well, too, considering I've never painted modern before. I'm really happy with the face on the living I started from that set.  

• Like 13

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Probably the Savage Worlds Ripper Nun. If for no other reason than she's the most recently completed. Also, even though I paint a lot of minis that are wearing black, I still often find it difficult to get right, and with her I managed to do so. Gives me a bit more confidence for when the rest of the mob of nuns come into the painting rotation.

• Like 11

I haven't painted much this year for some reason, thou if I had to attribute that to something I blame my disaster of a painting table.....ugh. Also, my painting these days is primer & then dark wash, not what you'd call contest results. If I were to pull a favorite mini out of those. I think that might be one that upcoming. That being either a zombie ogre or a warforged barbarian (which I'll use a wight). Both minis were printed on my resin printer.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

dragonwing.thumb.JPG.bc9dbeb1afda2e6ece0fbd01556a3e72.JPG

dragon1.thumb.JPG.df176195a28cfc1e46bfc5a6b9f39be7.JPG

Best part, this was a practice piece. I needed to practice my spots and figured I might as well paint the rest of the dragon while I was at it. As soon as the naked bronze statues are back in stock (stilllllll waaaaaaaiting ::P: ) I'll be putting spots on them, and probably replacing the heads and maybe sculpting some fur... I needs them as writing references to pin down the spot patterns of some scifi characters so my descriptions can stop drifting around.

• Like 21

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

Hmmm... typical answer is "the one I just finished" because the unpainted mound goes down just a bit. I think it was a tavern waitress for my brother's campaign, which well, hasn't been in session for most of the year. She technically isn't finished though, because she needs varnished, just been too hot or humid to do it. I've spent more time cleaning and prepping new figures to try to get them to where I can prime them when the weather cooperates, and have a prepped stash ready for winter (I guess I'm like a squirrel, already stocking up).

I do, traditionally, play "Another One Bites the Dust" when a mini has been fully finished. Proper closure provided.

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

Hassassin Ayyar by far for me... Sorry Al Fasid, I like the Ayyar more.. 

P1010964-4x3.thumb.jpg.eeac3557ec68147f0a0dce45be4f6070.jpgP1010965-4x3.thumb.jpg.f82ba46f74b95fa1712b87d31308947d.jpg

I've yet to use him on the table, probably because I've been focused on painting various things, specifically my other army *laughs nervously*

• Like 17

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

I haven't done much this year, and none of it has been drool worthy, but I did enjoy the bunny rabbits and guinea pigs.  As we used to say, "And now for something completely different..." 

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/90385-bunnies-and-peegs-go-wild/

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

Either the Farstriders (I can't really pick a certain one) or my Owlbear. The Farstriders I am particularly fond of, despite their "meh" paintjob, as I was using very, very (how shall I say), abysmal brushes. And their bases are excellently crafted.

And the Owlbear is when I learned two things: One, I love to paint birds. Two, drybrushing is king.

625181710_image4(2).jpeg.f020c8901832cddf3d3b7a2820f8ccb4.jpeg1727573763_image4(1).jpeg.8154d2a527f13c6eec60f83abf6bd196.jpeg

Original Posts (What do you mean, shameless advertising? This ain't advertising! Pshaw, the very notion of it is absolutely ridiculous!):

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/92191-warhammer-shadespire-the-farstriders

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/92126-owlbear-not-reapers

• Like 15