Getting to know you August 2020

Corsair

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 18 August 2020: What is your "comfort food"?

It has changed over the years. It used to be food like pizza, or meatloaf with mashed potatoes. Now, due to developing extreme sensitivity to fatty foods, it's more often steamed Chinese dumplings with a cup of ramen noodles.

I do like tater tots, but they have to be cooked in the oven, not fried.

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I'd have to go with creamy bacon carbonara and chicken fingers (with sweet and sour sauce, nuggets will do in a pinch).

Yes the pre-packaged crap you and to milk and water, and pretty much any "chicken" strips. A hold over from my college days when that would be a splurge when grocery shopping at the beginning of the month.

But in an emergency, anything with peanut butter will help.....

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Anything in the salty-crunchy junk food category (potato chips, tortilla chips, bacon). :wub: Even better if it's spicy or there's available dip! :devil:

Being quite unhealthy in the quantities I like to eat, I tend to never buy them. But if I'm at someone's home, and the bowl is there for easy pickings...

• Like 11

59 minutes ago, Corsair said:

If I'm ordering out then it's either German food or pizza. If I'm doing the cooking then it's shepherd's pie, or any ridiculously high calorie food with mashed potatoes. On those infrequent occasions where I'm getting comfort food I live by the idea that it's not grams of fat, it's grams of flavor. 

• Like 10

54 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Not sure....

47 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Chocolate Malt

My mother always used to make them for me when I was sick or especially down.

That used to be the default treat after a visit to the Doctor when I was a kid. The Chocolate Malt...there was a convenient burger place on the way home. (It is still there, I have been back as an adult, it is just #notthesame )

But now, Malts or Shakes, of any flavour, are a discomfort food. ::(:

25 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

It has changed over the years. It used to be food like pizza, or meatloaf with mashed potatoes.

I am finding that for myself it changes over periods of weeks or months now. 

I will get on a “kick” ( noun, second definition ) for awhile but then move on to something else. 

I will review other folks answers, maybe someone will remind me of a forgotten menu choice. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

I took this photo

Nothing special, it's just a common Grey Heron, but I took the photo standing in a nature reserve that was closed for 6 months due to lockdown. This was our first visit since it reopened and I was so happy just to be there again. The fact that I caught his little crest twirling in the wind was an added bonus.

Thanks for the photo. It's a great shot. I'm going to use the dead log as reference when I paint my Halloween spooky tree. 

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Tea and biccies, I suppose. Suitable for any occasion when you need a nice bit of rest.

When I get really down I want asian food.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1