Getting to know you August 2020

Corsair

1 minute ago, MusicalFeline said:

I'm pretty sure she is. I think the only person who isn't is Tim, and they're replacing him with some other guy that I don't know.

I just went looking. Everyone is coming back, except Tim, and he is being replaced by Noah Wyle, which, if you were of single-digit age 10 years ago, you probably don't know. Big claims to fame for him: ER, the TNT movies of The Librarian, and a TNT series called Falling Skies (another show I never saw, but was on my list).

And Leverage is ordered for 13 episodes for IMDb's streaming service, so I doubt I'll get to watch it. ::(:

• Like 6

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 21 August 2020: What one TV show do you really miss and wish could return?

I don't watch a whole lot of TV.....

Not so much want it to return, but wish they hadn't killed it prematurely: Hot In Cleveland. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Does it have Gina Bellman coming back (Sophie Devereaux)? Who, I might add, is also of the aforementioned Coupling fame.

The first full episode of Leverage I had the time to sit and watch was literally the series finale. Such was my luck for the year 2012.

You can watch it for free on Vudu (which doesn’t require a subscription fee). You just have to watch commercials.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Well since I don't watch allot of tv these days, I'll pick a network. DirectTV gave us a few channels due to the pandemic earlier this year. One of those stations we got was DiY Network. About the only network I would watch, so yah nice to have it without bumping up to a more expensive tv package.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 21 August 2020: What one TV show do you really miss and wish could return?

I'm going to have to go way, way back and say "Playhouse 90", or shows like it. The black and white era had some really great monster of the day sci-fi horror shows. We got the original "Twilight Zone", oft replicated, but never since perfected and "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" from that time period. The 2019 Twilight Zone isn't bad, and I did like "Tales from the Crypt" and "The Outer Limits". The original "Twilight Zone" is still my favorite. I fell in love with it when I was 14. I think there are still some episodes I haven't seen. 

We once had an icebreaker question: If you could have any actor/ress play you in a movie of your life, who would you pick? I didn't have a clue, I don't watch films because so-and-so is in it. I said I'd love to have Rod Serling v.o. my life.  

I'd also like to see "A.D. the Bible Continues"...well, continued.  

Edited by Great Khan Artist
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Almost Human. Another amazing show, fallen before Fox’s hatred of sci-fi. 

Also, Leverage, but that hardly counts, since they are bringing it back.

I liked Leverage, but it was really coincidentally similar to a BBC show called Hustle which came out 4 years before it. It was about a group of multi-classed thieves, led by a charismatic leader, ripping off immoral millionaires. It's well worth a watch it you can find it on your chosen streaming service, or it's entirely possible that you might be able find episodes on YouTube.

hustle.jpg.24e2df8b3995110a07b3e9ae6df8d54a.jpg

6 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

What other Hannibal did she think it was about? Hannibal Barca of Carthage? I see it now: "As he lays waste and destruction, one man finds the time in his busy schedule to investigate Rome's rampant crime..."

I asked her tonight and she just thought that he was a psychiatrist with an odd name :blink: She's never even heard of the historical Hannibal either. To be honest, I would have loved to gone into that series with no idea of the title characters stories and/or motivations. It would have made for an interesting viewing experience, that's for sure!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Kuroneko said:

She's never even heard of the historical Hannibal either

::o::wacko:

Must have never heard the phrase "Hannibal at the gates." Or be a fan of Pacific Rim, where Ron Perlman's character is named Hannibal Chau, which he took "from my favorite historical character and my second-favorite Szechuan restaurant in Brooklyn."

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Corsair said:

ReBoot. Not the abomination of a remake that they attempted, but the original one that was in the '90's. The first completely CGI show, made a year and a half before Toy Story. And it was Canadian.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2020 at 1:31 PM, Corsair said:

Here's today's Quizzle 20 August 2020: Pick a book that you haven't read in 10 years, but would like to again.

I have recently started rereading the Discworld books for the first time since I was a teenager if that counts.

21 hours ago, Corsair said:

I don't exactly miss it, but I would like to see Green Lantern: TAS make a comeback.

It was a pretty dang awesome series, prematurely killed off because of other peoples mistakes (namely that terrible Green Lantern movie, and some executive somewhere deciding CGI cartoons were the future). 

• Like 7