Getting to know you August 2020

Corsair

Been vacationing.....

On 8/20/2020 at 9:31 AM, Corsair said:

Here's today's Quizzle 20 August 2020: Pick a book that you haven't read in 10 years, but would like to again.

It hasn't been quite 10 years yet, but I'd like to reread A Dance with Dragons.....but I won't be doing that until the next book actually has a release date.

I've been going through and unpacking my novels (and deciding which to keep since I don't really have room for them all) and I'm seeing a lot I'd really like to reread.....

On 8/21/2020 at 9:18 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 21 August 2020: What one TV show do you really miss and wish could return?

Of course, Firefly.

On 8/21/2020 at 2:30 PM, Cranky Dog said:

Some Canadians will sympathize, but the Discovery channel's "Daily Planet" (daily science show) and Space (scifi) channel's "Innerspace" (geek culture daily show) were cancelled two years ago by parent company Bell Media. Those channels are now bland, mere shadows of their past glories.

We used to watch Daily Planet nearly ever day, and I still really miss it.

On 8/22/2020 at 9:47 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzles for 22 & 23 August!

22: What one mini do you still want to acquire?

23: Are you a collector, player or painter primarily?

One??  I couldn't even narrow it down to one per manufacturer.....

I collect far more than I paint.  I'd like to play more, and I'm working on it, but collecting seems to be #1.

On 8/24/2020 at 9:17 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 24 August 2020: What is thee biggest ship you have ever been on?

As my Dad get's seasick really easy (he got seasick on the Pearl Harbor tour), nothing bigger than the PEI ferries growing up.
Since then, the biggest would be one of the Newfoundland ferries.

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for today 25 August 2020: What one paint would you hate to see discontinued?

No.  No.  They are my precious.....I must have them all!! 
I loves them all! Don't make me choose!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I'd say Bright Turquoise but it has already technically been DC'd because it was originally an HD paint. I think otherwise it'd be Burgundy Wine.

Bright Turquoise was one of the HD paints that was rereleased in the Bones line. Its new SKU is 09471.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

25:

Hmmmm if I had to say just one......Probably Tamiya White primer. While not a true paint per se, this is probably the best white primer out there for me. I can spray this stuff onto colored plastic & it still stays white!

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for today 25 August 2020: What one paint would you hate to see discontinued?

Well, a bunch of the HD paints I really liked have been discontinued already. So I'll say Vallejo Red Leather. It's a really great brown that stands out well against any other brown on my paint rack. It's great for things like straps and stitching that you want visible against other darker background colors.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

In my (very limited) experience, even if one paint gets discontinued or whatnot, chances are another company (or heck, even the same one) have a very similar color.

But probably Fireball Orange. I really like that one.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

Nothing really comes to mind.  While there are some paints that I certainly like, I believe there are close enough approximations in the other dozen+ paint lines out there that I could replace them if needed.

• Like 8

On 8/22/2020 at 1:47 PM, Corsair said:

Quizzles for 22 & 23 August!

22: What one mini do you still want to acquire?

23: Are you a collector, player or painter primarily?

22nd The resin Ma'al Drakar. Never gonna happen though, even at the recent reduced price it was too expensive for me :down: Even without my current financial woes, I couldn't have justified it.

23rd I'd say that I'm probably a painter. A very, very slow one though.

On 8/24/2020 at 1:17 PM, Corsair said:

Probably one of these, the ferries that connect the Outer Hebrides.

Barra-0419-1024x682.thumb.jpg.3844f8aac029202f981d911fb7b6164c.jpg

12 hours ago, Corsair said:

Hmm, Griffon Tan is already gone......so probably Pure Black. I use it as a base coat for most of my dragons and it's such a wonderful, matt, inky black that I honestly couldn't do without it.

Edit. All the Liners and Clears too

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 9

Hey, hey.... Helps if I put this in the right thread.

Oh here is anther one & with Testor's in limbo land (allot of their paint lines are going away)

Dullcoat.

Yah there are other matte sprays out there but there is only one Testor's Dullcoat!!!!!!

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

On 8/24/2020 at 7:17 AM, Corsair said:

We went on a Royal Caribbean 7 island cruise for our honeymoon. That thing was massive.

15 hours ago, Corsair said:

Blue liner

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1