Getting to know you August 2020

Corsair

Good afternoon! Question for 4 August 2020: Black Gobbo and the White Wolf are gone, do you have old archived copies of hobby magazines? Do you sporadically purchase, or subscribe to, any publications that have survived? 

well I have boxes of old Dragon Magazines - there are occasional mini contests and lots of ads.  I think I have an issue #50ish.  but its not a complete collection 

Question for 5 August 2020: Is Decaf really coffee? Or is it a plot to poison the Great @Crowley

Coffee is poison and not worth drinking.  

I get all my caffeine naturally - Diet Coke.  preferably served with a fire hose. (or 2-4 servings a day) 

Kahlua is completely different and one of my fav Alcohol (ie actual poison)  

• Like 12

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

Good morning!

Question for 5 August 2020: Is Decaf really coffee? Or is it a plot to poison the Great @Crowley

For Coffee drinkers:

11119w.jpg

For people that don't drink coffee:

GTG2bsx8nraAnkEOV7AJtkEX-ME5T2RmLjoDbXqS

15 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

Question for 5 August 2020: Is Decaf really coffee? Or is it a plot to poison the Great @Crowley

Coffee is poison and not worth drinking.  

I get all my caffeine naturally - Diet Coke.  preferably served with a fire hose. (or 2-4 servings a day) 

Kahlua is completely different and one of my fav Alcohol (ie actual poison)  

You & my wife would get along just fine........... her & her (52 oz x whatever she can get her hands) Dt Coke craziness........:blink:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Good morning!

Question for 5 August 2020: Is Decaf really coffee? Or is it a plot to poison the Great @Crowley

Decaf coffee is an abomination.

Last time I had to drink decaf for several days was after surgery. It was awful. Sure it didn't have the caffeine bitterness, but it's what I yearn when I drink it.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

:lol:

I've never enjoyed decaf coffee. Same as I dislike artificial sweeteners. Same as I'm not keto-baking. Substitutions make me miss the real thing even more. Decaf is just a substitution of the real coffee.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

If I'm not in the mood for coffee I will have tea or hot chocolate.

If I'm in the mood for coffee then it's BLACK, NO MILK, NO SUGAR and usually ESPRESSO!!!

DECAF??

*** Pthew!***

image.png.e4d0eaa10d5d6ac263e4c42ce1bf48ca.png

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Crowley can handle his coffee just fine, which proves he is not one of the Elvensouled.

Therefore the Solution presented by the Great Pumpkin does not in any way, shape or form apply to him or any other hamster. If nothing else Crowley proves hamsters can handle their coffee better than a lot of humans can....

And while I'm at it, before anyone else starts going on about felines not handling chocolate well, the continued health and well being of One Boot proves otherwise!

And on the W.O.O.F. side, Glitterwolf didn't seem to suffer any ill effects from the chocolate Smartees things either!

(actual animals are of course a different story, keep the hot chocolate away from them, but then again I've had to deal with both dogs and cats at various times trying to drink my coffee when I wasn't looking. Henceforth, they aren't Elvensouled either.)

I love chocolate!

I'm not an ordinary canine of course, I might look all nice and colourful, but let's just say there is lot of Worg  and Werewolf in our bloodline.

We love Elves....for breakfast...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVid_fLzN5g

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8
  • Haha 9

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Good morning!

Not sure it's a plot, but it's missing several of the things that make it coffee, and fills you full of dread, regret, and sad feelings when you sip at it. 

So yeah, not coffee at all.  If you enjoy it, great for you, but it isn't even allowed in our place!  You want a coffee, it'll have caffeine! 

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Question for 6 August 2020: Tea...hot or cold, sweet or not?

Cold. No sugar. 

The second one is difficult to achieve at the lowly fast food places I frequent. Most of them are inordinately proud their Texas Sweet Tea (ya’ll) and they seem to think it is a “Thang”. :rolleyes:

I  have conducted experiments with granulated Stevia products to obtain a Zero calorie, iced tea that is sweetened slightly. But I don’t hold with that so sweet “you can stand a spoon it” flavour. Ggaaaack! :wacko:

Edited by TGP
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I enjoy iced tea with sugar & lemon. On the rare occasions I have hot tea, I take it with either sugar or honey & lemon.

I normally associate tea with being sick or Old Ladies, Old Crazy Linda's Grandma Nanny in particular.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Corsair said:

No. Hate the smell. I tried drinking it once and was retching for hours on the taste.

As far as decaf: I've never had it.

I'm a simple man. Coffee, just a skosh of cream. Normally the local bean place's house blend, grind them myself and run them through a decent bean soaker (aka coffee machine).

• Like 7