So, recently me, my dad, and my grandpa*, most of whom are excellent woodworkers (with the exception of me) made a collaborative effort at making me a new shelf for my minis, as my old one was just a board nailed into the wall. A pretty piece of scrap, but scrap none the less. 

Continuing the trend, we used only scrapwood for this shelf. Thus, no cost, except for some stain (which I stole from my dad, so uh, no cost there either).

*My grandpa is no joke Santa Claus. A bit of a potbelly, big bushy white beard, glasses, likes cookies and milk, and get this - he makes toys.

Right now it's just sitting atop a bookshelf, but I may hang it up on the wall if I'm so inclined.

IMG_0522.thumb.JPG.856f49acf75b782839ea7be3b6f131ef.JPG

Doesn't look the prettiest, but not bad for being made solely of scrapwood!

It's also now a dishonor to me, as there are waaaay too many unpainted minis on that shelf. That will soon change, however... :poke:

Note: We did put in an extra notch, as you see at the top. The boards that are the shelves get really stuck in that one, plus it leaves no room for my big minis, so I decided to leave that one vacant.

Edited by MusicalFeline
  • Like 14

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, MusicalFeline said:

No joke, man. I look over to my left and see that unpainted Graveyard golem, looking down at me and laughing at my weakness.

Thanks!

Oh no worries,

I have drawers and a cabinet full of unpainted minis in boxes and blisters, a desk filled with unpainted 3D printed minis and more STL files that need to be printed/painted than I will ever be able to during my lifetime.

*** Searches for Potion of Immortality***

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Oh no worries,

I have drawers and a cabinet full of unpainted minis in boxes and blisters, a desk filled with unpainted 3D printed minis and more STL files that need to be printed/painted than I will ever be able to during my lifetime.

*** Searches for Potion of Immortality***

Alas, the curse that befalls all painters. The beast of acquiring strikes again!

Edited by MusicalFeline
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

That's a nice looking shelf!  Shelves are something I need to get soon, both so I can display things, and so I have somewhere to put all the occasional use stuff so they don't clutter up my desk!

Thank you very much! Gotta admit, I can't imagine living without a good shelf. Very worthwhile!

• Like 2