Decapitating Deep Gnome Heroes - 44047

Shadespyre

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't sure if Bones Black is harder, but also it's about the pose of the mini, which is hard to judge from the front view. Is the neck cleanly accessible, is he hunched so I'd have to resculpt bits of his face?

I guess they arenn't that expensive so I could just buy them and see, but...

Your main problem areas are going to be the beard and where that shoulder pad cuts close to the hair.

Bones Black is much harder and somewhere between metal and original Bones in difficulty to cut.  But, if you soak the figure in hot, near-boiling, water for a little while it softens a lot and can be cut much much easier.  

I just painted that guy, and took a rear shot, so this is what you're dealing with from behind.  

fullsizeoutput_6523.jpeg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Chris Palmer said:

Your main problem areas are going to be the beard and where that should pad cuts close to the hair.

Bones Black is much harder and somewhere between metal and original Bones in difficulty to cut.  But, if you soak the figure in hot, near-boiling, water for a little while it softens a lot and can be cut much much easier.  

I just painted that guy, and took a rear shot, so this is what you're dealing with from behind.  

That rear view is really useful to me, thanks Chris. I'd be losing the hair for this project anyway, but it's still the closest to what I'm looking for that I've seen. 

• Like 2