Sign in to follow this  
TGP

Found a Figure that needs identifying.

On 8/1/2020 at 10:04 PM, Brother Jim said:

IIRC that came in a mounted version as well.

Can't verify right now as IWM has pulled all the Chaos Wars minis from their site.

They will supposedly be available from a different website sometime in the future (as of 01 July 20).

But no word as of this typing.  :down:

Still no word as of 28 Aug 20.

• Like 3

So, I don’t think any of this is proprietary information.  The main guy behind the Chaos Wars revival now has a deal with Iron Wind for various rights to various sections of the old Ral Partha IP collection.  He’s basically a one-man-show, though, and has been slow getting set up due to the fallout of the pandemic situation.  If those figures weren’t part of one of the three Chaos Wars Kickstarters, though, I’m not sure that he has those rights.  I’d PM you myself if I had a spare, but I’m pretty sure that I don’t.

• Like 2

Yeah, the split doesn't seem to affect all prior Ral Partha Chaos Wars pieces, as the old Warlords boxed set's individual characters are still on IWM's store.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 12:18 PM, BlazingTornado said:

Okay does anyone still produce that set?

On 8/1/2020 at 3:21 PM, Glitterwolf said:

He's part of Ral Partha _ Warriors of Chaos set

image.png.1d33e86d2305b5ea011c1164da2954f4.png

image.png.6e1cbb88eaf38790db49a491d61f8f06.png

what gets me is how expensive there were back then. 4 bucks in 1989 is equivalent to $26. today according to a calculator i found. I know minimum wage was $3.35 and that bought a helluva lot more than $7. will buy today. (old guys rant off :)

Who can name this one, Ral Partha 1989, some kind of Torturer?

th?id=OIP.-S0VQcR7SW5GoX_-GBYongAAAA%26p

Edited by Fencig
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Fencig said:

Who can name this one, Ral Partha 1989, some kind of Torturer?

th?id=OIP.-S0VQcR7SW5GoX_-GBYongAAAA%26p

That's 02-416(b) Armored Ogre Gladiator, still available from Ironwind Metals as DF-076 Ogre Gladiator

RP-02-416.jpg.d89e16419fbc5cffb21e4d2de1291c12.jpg

• Like 3

thanks!

so they come as a pair and  i shouldn't buy the one one E-bay for $59.00 :)

Doesn't appear they sell the set anymore, just the single figure with the chain.

• Like 2

I have the 2000 mail order catalog; the other one is numbered as DF-075, which doesn’t guarantee that he’s still available, but gives you a search string.

• Like 1

alright, you guys are good, but here's a tougher one. I just bought this set  , i know the RP Fire Giant,  the Grenadier cyclops, and i think those are RP Ghouls ? . A couple of others have been butchered up so probly not identifiable .

Can anyone name the Cyclops, Gargoyles, or chubby  little Minotaur? The Gargoyles look like they came from a game?

set.JPG

The cyclops, along with parts of a minotaur and a medusa, come from Grenadier Fantasy Classics 316 - Monsters of Legend:

G-FC-316-cat.jpg.241529f51787d6bfb0b3ed17ebcba018.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brother Jim said:

The minotaur is Iron Wind DF-165 Armored Minotaur and sells for $5.00.

thanks, i paid $17. + a little shipping for the lot so low individual retail prices are ok. Funny little guy, reminds of Warner Broths Porky Pig

Too bad about Medusa, that was a cool one

. I think the surviving Centaur is RP 01-047 V1 , and old Tom Meier sculpt, but missing his spear. Ii think i can replace out of inventory and restore back to some semblance of what it used to look like .

Whoever took a hacksaw to these should have all their toys taken away and made to stand in a corner  :)

• Like 1

Arggh, must stop looking at E-bay.  I just bought Gren Chaos Giant complete in box $22.,  Gren Forest giant $11.0 no boars or steele, RAFM Forest Giant $5.49, and for some reason a Lizard man riding an Velociraptor, no idea why, cuz it was 5 bucks?

Chaos Giant.jpg

Forest Giant.jpg

RAFM Forest Giant.jpg

• Like 5

I think the plinth thingy is from RAFM.

Yep, RAF03951 gargoyle king.

Edited by DocPiske
  • Like 2

On 9/6/2020 at 6:43 PM, Fencig said:

thanks, i paid $17. + a little shipping for the lot so low individual retail prices are ok. Funny little guy, reminds of Warner Broths Porky Pig

Too bad about Medusa, that was a cool one

. I think the surviving Centaur is RP 01-047 V1 , and old Tom Meier sculpt, but missing his spear. Ii think i can replace out of inventory and restore back to some semblance of what it used to look like .

Whoever took a hacksaw to these should have all their toys taken away and made to stand in a corner  :)

450?cb=20190317073407

• Haha 4