Sign in to follow this  
TGP

Found a Figure that needs identifying.

On 9/3/2020 at 10:46 AM, alchemist said:

That's 02-416(b) Armored Ogre Gladiator, still available from Ironwind Metals as DF-076 Ogre Gladiator

RP-02-416.jpg.d89e16419fbc5cffb21e4d2de1291c12.jpg

I own these ones! The hook and chain one is among the very first minis I painted in the 90s. The paint job did not age well.

For the love of me I could never find them again on Google. Couldn't even remember if they were Ral Partha, or Grenadier, or RAFM, or whatever.

Fun thing, my ogre archer never had the bow packed with it, so I always assumed it was an ogre mage casting.

• Like 5

On 9/7/2020 at 3:35 PM, DocPiske said:

I think the plinth thingy is from RAFM.

Yep, RAF03951 gargoyle king.

excellent, thanks, so the plinth and figure in bottom right are a pair

in looking at their website, the one next to it is RAF03953  with missing wings

4 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

I own these ones! The hook and chain one is among the very first minis I painted in the 90s. The paint job did not age well.

For the love of me I could never find them again on Google. Couldn't even remember if they were Ral Partha, or Grenadier, or RAFM, or whatever.

Fun thing, my ogre archer never had the bow packed with it, so I always assumed it was an ogre mage casting.

picture please :) aging well is something few of us do well

Edited by Fencig
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Fencig said:

picture please :) aging well is something few of us do well

Found him!

2095232307_Ogrefighter.thumb.jpg.eb4a8ef29e8c191244b0a3efba8db66c.jpg

It's the first time I've handle it in years.

The thing that surprised me the most is realizing that the 25mm to 28mm scale creep it real. He used to be a good head taller than all other human sized 25mm Ral Partha characters, but now is very much a human sized brute compared to modern 28mm minis.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 4

On 9/10/2020 at 9:01 AM, Cranky Dog said:

Found him!

2095232307_Ogrefighter.thumb.jpg.eb4a8ef29e8c191244b0a3efba8db66c.jpg

It's the first time I've handle it in years.

he's adorable, looks like a Teddy bear  in a Red sweater and blue tights. I wish i still had some of the models i painted when i was a kid but alas no, .........good for you for saving them. don't repaint him, he is a time capsule now

The thing that surprised me the most is realizing that the 25mm to 28mm scale creep it real. He used to be a good head taller than all other human sized 25mm Ral Partha characters, but now is very much a human sized brute compared to modern 28mm minis.

What I've come to realize is that i don't really care for the huge new models. For one, they take up a lot of space in a display case. The other is they don't match up with older minis if you collect those (like i do). I have some classic metal giants that range from 2 to 3 inches tall, and that's as big as an " mini" needs to be IMO

• Thanks 1