10 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Both lovely.  I particularly like the pine cone birch staff, and the head/facial embellishments of the female.

Thanks Darcstaar, I tried to make the pine cone into some kind of jewel or crystal, don't know how well it translated.

10 hours ago, Jeepnewbie said:

Very nice!

Thank you very much Jeepnewbie, glad you like them!

10 hours ago, Bustawolf said:

Wow those are tiny. Nice work!

Yeah, they are really small. Luckily I started working with a bit better of magnification, I have some lenses with 3.5X that helped a lot.

8 hours ago, Rigel said:

Amazing detail on those liddle faces, and good color choices too!

Thank you very much Rigel, color choices plague me more often than not.  The male hobbit was easy to choose colors for but the gal was a lot harder, too many choices!

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome work!

I always wonder how you can paint such tiny faces so well.

Thanks Glitterwolf! 

It's a pretty small brush, and as mentioned above, lots of magnification!  Patience is probably another element I'm guessing.

• Like 4

Stunning - I can't imagine how you did those eyes.... really like the cloak and hair and beautiful use of bright yet natural looking colors on the female. The male thief definately has the Baggins vibe, really like the leather vest and white shirt, excellent! 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Iridil said:

Stunning - I can't imagine how you did those eyes.... really like the cloak and hair and beautiful use of bright yet natural looking colors on the female. The male thief definately has the Baggins vibe, really like the leather vest and white shirt, excellent! 

Thank you Iridil!

I didn't want super strong colors, so I tried to make them more oriented towards fall/autumn tones. The yellow is a bit bright, but the green and orange are a bit more subdued.

With the eyes, I recently got ( actually had them for years, just never realized it) some better amplification to 3.5X, whereas before I was I think using only 2.5X. They are still far from perfect, but they are really soooo small, not quite like Tom Meier eighties small, but Tom Meiers 21st century small.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening Reaper Hoppers and Poppers,

So I just finished this miniature, who is a pretty small one. She's Gwenyvere, from Tom Meier's Arthurian line at Thunderbolt Mountain, currently being produced by Ral Partha Legacy.

I just got a new iPhone, and I took the pictures with it.  I think the pictures came out really nicely, and have done an automatically good job on the exposure and all.  My concern is does the automization of the exposure make it any different than if I would have had to work a little bit with the exposure?

To give a comparison, here is how my camera turned out:

It's a lot darker.

Anyhoos, looking for photographic opinions. 

And to give you an idea of how small this figure it is, here she is in comparison to a US quarter:

• By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/to-the-mummys-tomb-a-halfling-expedition/description

Story
      After the estate of one Fomo Barrowblight (who many moons ago, and with heavily laden bags, had said he was just off for a morning walk, never to return) was sold at auction, there came to light a strange scroll that appeared to be a map of the final resting place of a lost tribe of halflings.  These cousins lived down in the scorching Southlands, amidst endless dunes that had buried whole cities and civilisations.
      The newly elected (and so still very enthusiastic) Halfling Town Council had organised an expedition to make contact with their fellow halflings, with the aim of swapping some stories and recipes, and who knows, perhaps even coming back with some interesting new cakes.
      And, after many great perils and travails, the expedition found itself in a mysterious location known as 'The Valley of the Things'.  Here, recipes in strange hieroglyphs were marked on tomb walls,  guarded jealously by High Priests and long mummified pastry chefs.  
      The expedition takes time to assuage the fears of the High Priests that they are here to steal the sacred recipes and make formal diplomatic relations.  But Fomo Barrowblight and another mysterious figure seem intent on stealing the recipe to the sacred pie and have already gleaned some of the ingredients...
      To the Mummy's Tomb!
      Introducing a series of  Eight Fantasy Miniatures in 28mm scale from a halfling expedition to the burial grounds of their cousins, in the desert southlands. 
        Halfling Town Council Five
      The latest elected Halfling Town Council, has been responsible for launching the expedition to the distant Southlands, as always, it is made up of eight different townsfolk from all walks of life.

I've already pledged for the whole set, why haven't you?

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of an anthropomorphic animal I painted. This Dark Sword Miniatures DSM8107, Joey the Thug - Sheltie Rogue was sculpted by Dave Summers for their Critter Kingdoms miniature range. I used tree bark and sand on its 40mm diameter base.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of an anthropomorphic animal I painted. This Dark Sword Miniatures DSM8083, Harrek the Otter Cleric was sculpted by Dave Summers for their Critter Kingdoms miniature range. I used a natural river rock as promontory on its 40mm diameter base. I wish you all a fantastic weekend!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you reaperlaiset! 

So since the beginning of the year, I've been working on a little project to get all of these Thunderbolt Mountain fairies painted.  It's actually taken extra long because I painted two sets of these, and the duplicates were all the same colors, but it logically takes twice as long.  It was hard to decide on colors for these guys, but I did want to do a unique skin color for each one and a unique leotard color as well for each one.  I ended up doing the tutus the same color because I I would have done each one a different color, it would have take so much longer and as they are kind of a unit, I wanted something that would kind of bring them together.  These all belong to a set of Ballerina Fairies, sculpted by Tom Meier, inspired by an idea from his daughter.  They were originally from his company Thunderbolt Mountain, and are now available again through Ral Partha Legacy.  There's six of them so lots of photos to follow:

and here they are together:

So these are some pretty small figures, and I'm going to eventually put them on some simple bases.  I wouldn't almost mind leaving them like this, but I don't want them to tip over too easily.  I might work on the bases this weekend.  So anyhoos, enjoy!  I had quite a lot of fun painting these.  They are very delicate and detailed figures, but didn't take too long to really paint ultimately because they aren't overly laden with all those dingly danglies you find on lots of more modern figures. I've got a few more of these to do with some Pegasi, will do those some day in the not too far-flung future.  

• Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)