Sign in to follow this  
haldir

A1 Against the Goblins pbp

Asgrim jabs the other goblin with his spear.

13+1=14  to hit

6+1=7 damage

Morgan will silently enter the room. He will glance around the room, looking for any more enemies or anything that might be useful or out of the ordinary. 

Brimm, you rush the goblin & without hesitation, lop off the head closes to you. It's head falls into the fire & it's lifeless body crumples to the ground. Oddly, you don't smell goblin flesh burning in the fire.

Nic, you follow behind the dwarf (thou not to close), the viciousness of Brimm's attack cause you to pause a bit & turn makes you wildly swing your weapon, missing the 2nd one.

Asgrim, as the other stares at the lifeless corpse of it's drinking buddy, you rush in & ram your spear through it. It sputters one word "Invaade....." before dying upon your weapon.

The head still doesn't burn.................

As the party gathers their wits after the attack, loud voices come rushing out from a passage to the south of the room (not the doorway you just came through), more goblins, three of them to be exact!

Someone roll for surprise, please.

Afterwards, I need a initiative roll.

2 of the 3 goblins rush the party & are considered to be in melee, the other stays back thou.

Morgan, since you observing the room, you are not surprised, no matter the result. Also are you hiding or just sneaking into the room. The goblins really aren't paying attention to you, only the 3 that are around the fire.

I'll get a updated map with everything drawn in this room later today.

Goblin initiative: 5

here, my dice are with me.  I think I can do this right...

4 on the surprise roll

6 on the initiative roll.

In this version surprise and initiative are d6 correct?  (sorry im in 5 games with 4 systems, they can blur a bit!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

here, my dice are with me.  I think I can do this right...

4 on the surprise roll

6 on the initiative roll.

In this version surprise and initiative are d6 correct?  (sorry im in 5 games with 4 systems, they can blur a bit!)

Yup, you're not surprised.

Your party goes first too.

when Nic sees the goblin head fall into the fire and not burn he murmmers "its a trap, its gotta be a trap"  and begins to search for the real target.  Upon seeing the new goblins he charges the goblins, screaming at the top of his lungs and slashing wildly (9 to hit) in an attempt to scare them off.

OOC:  It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Asgrim turns and attacks one of the newcomers, also trying to position himself so as to protect Nics exposed side. 

Attack roll 17+1=18

Damage roll 3+1 =4

On 1/7/2021 at 12:18 PM, Colonel Kane said:

Morgan is just sneaking. Morgan will try to move around to the third goblin, also trying to stay as far from the fire as I can.. 

Ok, you appear to be hidden in the darkness of the dimly lit room.

On 1/7/2021 at 12:40 PM, Kangaroorex said:

when Nic sees the goblin head fall into the fire and not burn he murmmers "its a trap, its gotta be a trap"  and begins to search for the real target.  Upon seeing the new goblins he charges the goblins, screaming at the top of his lungs and slashing wildly (9 to hit) in an attempt to scare them off.

OOC:  It seemed like a good idea at the time...

You attack one of the attackers but your blade sweeps the air as it easily ducks the deadly blade!

On 1/7/2021 at 3:09 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Asgrim turns and attacks one of the newcomers, also trying to position himself so as to protect Nics exposed side. 

Attack roll 17+1=18

Damage roll 3+1 =4

You stab one of them! It doesn't go down but it's badly wounded thou.

Waiting on Brimm's actions before the goblins can act.

His momentum carrying him somewhat off balance, Brimm musters a clumsy backhanded return swing at the closest goblin:

to hit: 7+3= 10.

if that hits 7+5=12 damage.

Brimm

Your attack will miss the goblin that is facing you.

Goblins!

None of the goblins appear to notice Morgan.

The one on Brimm, swings a crude short sword at him! He throws his weapon!! (rolled a 1)

The one on Agrim/Nic will attack Nic due to he appears to be the lesser threat. That's a hit for 3 pts of damage!

The one in the back: As he steps more into the light of the fire, you can see his skin is a dark red, similar to the one's head that is in the fire (which it still doesn't burn). He puts his hand towards the group & a blast of fire shoots toward Brimm! The blast will miss badly & explode on the wall behind the dwarf!

Round 2: Party's turn

Regaining his composure a little, and worried by the Magicky Goblin, Brim swings wildly to try to carve a path to the one in back.

Attacking the one already engaged with:

10+3=13 To Hit

3+5=8 damage if hits.

Nic's composure slips a bit when he gets stabbed and he grins maliciously as he. Beats away the goblins guard and drives his Longsword home 

20 on the die to hit, 8 damage