Jump to content

A1 Against the Goblins pbp


Recommended Posts

On 2/23/2021 at 4:07 PM, Colonel Kane said:

Morgan will slowly move into the room, not really sneaking, just trying to be carful and watch everything. 

*My spider senses are tingling*

 

18 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Nic will start brushing a path to the encased bodies!

 

You both move into the room, there is just so much broken glass that even sweeping it away you still hear the crunch of it as you step on random pieces. The state of the room & the numerous cobwebs give a unsettling vibe, but there is no other creature, that is alive anyways in this room besides yourselves.

 

Nic, you make your way over to the bodies. They appear to be small size bodies: goblins? Halflings? or the possibility of children makes your spine tingle with anticipation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morgan makes his way towards the table that the Bard had been at. He approaches in plain sight hand away from the hilt of his cutlass, to show his not there to fight. "My name is Morgan, I see we

hit wolf #2 damage roll was a 6....... where were these numbers when I rolled stats......

Nic looks at Asgrim "I'd appreciate that!  Do you think is sounds better as a battle with a salamander or a small dragon and his kin amongst the ruins of a mighty tower?"

Posted Images

On reaching one and avoiding hurting himself, Nic will use a knife to open one of the bundles.  If it feels like he can't reach the bodies without injury he will back out to the door and start breaking down crates from the other room to male a safe path. (Not losing half his hit points to the floor, its not going to happen.  We Aren't in a rush)

Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries on not rushing. You cut through the tough webbing, inside the first cocoon is a red goblin (like the ones before) wearing a tattered human-sized shirt that he has cut the sleeves off. He is quite dead as he is slightly a different shade of red (poisoned). Surprisingly inside the vest is a intact bottle of wine. The plain white label with blue lettering says "Tears of the Goddess". The other corpse is also a red goblin that has been poisoned by the spider. He is clutching a bottle of wine as well. Apparently the goblins felt like protecting their booze then their lives. This bottle has a gold foil label with the words in similar gold foil on it & is of a almost black color. The label reads "Dragonscale Black". Both bottles still have their seals intact. Poor goblins, they didn't even get to sample their treasures before feeling the bite of the spider!!

 

Feel free to roll a Intelligence check (anyone) or (Nic) Lore skill to find out if you've heard anything about these wines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 6:01 PM, Chaoswolf said:

(Int. 13, rolled an 11)

 

On 2/25/2021 at 10:34 PM, Kangaroorex said:

Nic's int roll is a 7 Nic's lore roll is a 27%.

 

Between the 2 of you, your able to appraise the bottle at or around 50 gp for the Tears of the Goddess wine & The Dragonscale Black wine at somewhere in between 100 & 400 gp! It all depends on the buyer. It's a very rare vintage.

 

Other then the cocoons, there is nothing of note in this room. There is a door to the SE side of the room (I'll post up the full map of this level later: I Promise!!! but the way the tower is shaped, there are circular ring of room on the outside & square room in the center with doors connecting it to the outer rooms. Obviously there is no door in the first room, that is the tarp you had so much interest in before.

 

Where does the party go from here?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think checking the door in the room the furthest away from the tarp would be the best choice.  if someone is waiting for something to come through the tarp, this is the best way to surprise them!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2021 at 7:09 PM, Colonel Kane said:

"Should we try on the the doors that lead in?" Morgan asks.

 

On 3/2/2021 at 11:38 AM, Kangaroorex said:

I think checking the door in the room the furthest away from the tarp would be the best choice.  if someone is waiting for something to come through the tarp, this is the best way to surprise them!

 

6 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

Morgan agrees with Nic.

 

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

"That seems sensible"

 

Ok, opening that door reveals a central room with a stone spiral staircase that goes down & up. The goblins that rushed the party in the other room probably were hiding here for anyone that came through the doors or getting caught in the glue/rock trap on the tarp. From this room, you can see the other side of the tarp. Even without knowing that it was a tarp, the tarp is obviously a tarp on this side as there is no effort to cover it up.

 

Which way do you go?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I would think there is not much up but we should go that way first to prevent surprises later 

 

20 minutes ago, Colonel Kane said:

"I agree with Nic, who shall go first?"

 

Ok, if there are no arguments from the rest of the party. I'll need a marching order for the stairs, cause you know that first guy is gonna get hit with a bucket of acid or something.....:devil:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...