Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
haldir

A1 Against the Goblins pbp

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

"What does deputize mean?"

"They are going to give you athoutity to ask questions and protect people and pat you for it."  Nic says with a smirk.  "Nobody even asked for names  but I would think of one to write down or become illiterate if they happen to think that far.  Be confidant, like you belong here and as long as we protect their skins they won't ask too many questions about who you are,." Nic loos up n and chuckles "after all they let me into a council meeting, I have sagas about the last time someone was willing to do that"

Nic looks at the rest of the group "everybody up for getting paid for what we are probably going to have to do to dave our own skins anyway?  We could try to run but prophecy has a way of hunting down and tormenting anyone who won't play her game"  with that he hunkers down to help peep the bodies "you know, if we toss one of these to the group that tried to help themselves to our bounty, one if them might remember something that could help, especially if we do it after we let them know the game is up"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Asgrim cleans and binds his wound as he considers Brimms' suggestion. "We should go and inform the miller about this. After, I will be returning to the inn to rest."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2020 at 12:03 AM, Kangaroorex said:

"They are going to give you athoutity to ask questions and protect people and pat you for it."  Nic says with a smirk.  "Nobody even asked for names  but I would think of one to write down or become illiterate if they happen to think that far.  Be confidant, like you belong here and as long as we protect their skins they won't ask too many questions about who you are,." Nic loos up n and chuckles "after all they let me into a council meeting, I have sagas about the last time someone was willing to do that"

Nic looks at the rest of the group "everybody up for getting paid for what we are probably going to have to do to dave our own skins anyway?  We could try to run but prophecy has a way of hunting down and tormenting anyone who won't play her game"  with that he hunkers down to help peep the bodies "you know, if we toss one of these to the group that tried to help themselves to our bounty, one if them might remember something that could help, especially if we do it after we let them know the game is up"

 

Correct, it's more or less, Jacob gave the party the ability to help the town with investigations & for taking care of trouble like the bandits that are raiding the road, or now the goblin raiders.

 

On 10/18/2020 at 7:59 AM, Chaoswolf said:

Asgrim cleans and binds his wound as he considers Brimms' suggestion. "We should go and inform the miller about this. After, I will be returning to the inn to rest."

 

On 10/18/2020 at 8:31 PM, Colonel Kane said:

"Those were not rats. Why would wolves come to a mill? "

Morgan does a quick search of the area around the mill. 

 

20 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

“Searching for an easy meal, I’d wager!”  Exclaims Brimm.

 

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Asgrim nods, "Hunting the rats".

 

The wolves are nothing supernatural, they just came up the river & were heading towards the chicken coops. Luckily the party was on watch at the mill & were able to stop them before they did any damage. There is no other encounters tonight or at least till about 3 am in the morning. The only thing that can be heard are the crickets.

 

The party can head to the inn with no further problems tonight. Waking up you head back  down to the common area & get breakfast. Of course, there are eggs on the menu. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(OOC---can the special potions that Evianne gave us be used more than once, IE drink half of it for half effect?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

(OOC---can the special potions that Evianne gave us be used more than once, IE drink half of it for half effect?)

 

Only works with full consumption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'd like to go see Evianne to ask her a few more questions. We can also find out if the woodland creatures have given her any insight about the goblins. That may give us a direction to start looking in."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The party does notice the village is in prep-mode as they start to get the village ready for a goblin attack whenever it happens. Miram is out with a few militia men going over some combat drills. There appears to be some new villagers amongst the army as well.

 

The morning visit to Evianna Everwood, does prove fruitful thou. She says,

 

"Welcome, I was hoping you'd visit me this morning. Your discovery of the goblin corpse has maybe given us a bit of a edge. A lark returned early this morning with information in regards to goblins."

 

She pauses for a bit & continues,

 

"She spoke of “burning” goblins camped in a tower a few miles northeast of here. I have asks if she would escort you to the site & she has agreed. She awaits your departure." 

 

Almost as if endorsing the locals businesses, she says,

 

"If you are needing anything, the villagers are willing to help you with your needs."

 

She concludes the meeting by saying,


"Go with X'Ander's blessing & I hope you take care of the invaders."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"yes O great lady, I am so appreciative of your assistance and that of your friend" Nic bows to Evianna "If there is anything I can do to help you, only say the word!"

 

"Does your finely feathered friend have any better description of why she calls them burning goblins?  Admittedly, I prefer them in that state but they don't tend to walk around that much once you get them alight...  Do they carry weapons similar to the one we found in the cottage?"  He points to the flaming crossbow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Are there any plants that I might be able to use to aid in healing wounds such as this?" Asgrim points to his arm. "It would be good to be able to keep my companions and I strong while we try to put an end to the goblin threat"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...