Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Nice. 

 

But you need to add something to that scroll. Text og diagrams...    

There was a KS lately, and there's always Ginfritters Gnomish Workshop if you want some decals.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with Gadgetman. This is such a lovely paintjob - wonderful varied whites with depth and the gold just glows. It deserves something on the scroll!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys!

 

I rarely go back to something I called finished.

  2 options guys:

 1 - Freehand something on the scroll, or

 2 - Tell a backstory of frustrated wizard who is storming though the halls from his study to scald his young, and some would say foolish, apprentice for leaving a coffee-turk on the stove that boiled out and spilled the coffee on newly arrived fresh parchment scrolls staining them!

 

Vote now  ::P:

Edited by Mothsniper
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant work!

Honestly, I would vote for 2 - but I think you mean scold, not scald.

But keeping it as scald would humor my dark side... :devil:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mothsniper said:

Thanks guys!

 

I rarely go back to something I called finished.

  2 options guys:

 1 - Freehand something on the scroll, or

 2 - Tell a backstory of frustrated wizard who is storming though the halls from his study to scald his young, and some would say foolish, apprentice for leaving a coffee-turk on the stove that boiled out and spilled the coffee on newly arrived fresh parchment scrolls staining them!

 

Vote now  ::P:

 

I vote for 3 - Waterslide decals from Ginfritters. And if not on this mini, at least now you know that they exist. 

 

I seldom comment on minis, and only rarely come with suggestions about how to make it better. 

If I do, it means I really like what you're doing, but also want you to take another step forward and produce even more awesome paintjobs in the future. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great!

 

The scroll could written in moon-letters, and the wizard is just waiting for the clouds to get out of the way. ^_^

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

Brilliant work!

Honestly, I would vote for 2 - but I think you mean scold, not scald.

But keeping it as scald would humor my dark side... :devil:

 

Lolz, there are 2 options we have here.

Option 1 - admit I misspelled it, go back and shamefully correct the word.

Option 2 - Keep scald because Red/White Wizards are no joke man! they will kill you if in the right mood with who knows in what kind of other none scalding ways!

 

9 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

 

I vote for 3 - Waterslide decals from Ginfritters. And if not on this mini, at least now you know that they exist. 

 

I seldom comment on minis, and only rarely come with suggestions about how to make it better. 

If I do, it means I really like what you're doing, but also want you to take another step forward and produce even more awesome paintjobs in the future. 

 

 

I like your style! Making your own options.

   That is a deal, I will checkout Ginfritters!  :)  Never heard of them before.

 

8 hours ago, TheUncannyAK said:

Looks great!

 

The scroll could written in moon-letters, and the wizard is just waiting for the clouds to get out of the way. ^_^

 

Exactly! I like this better than scalding! ty

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Mutilatedlips
      Wizards of the Coast D&D metal model.
      From the year Two-Thou-sand (you have to say it like Conan O'Brien)
      Rescued from the Island of Lost Pewture, (aka my friends rpg storage shed)  and painted up. I love his goggles, I don't think you see enough of those on wizard minis. I can see a fireball coming.
       
       
       
       
       

       
       
    • By Metalchaos
      Good Friday everyone, here are pictures of the mini I'll be using as a necromancer in my upcoming D&D game.
      14060, Leisynn the mercenary mage is one of my top 5 favorite model. It was sculpted by Tim Prow for the Warlord game.
       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

    • By Mothsniper
      Galladon, Male Wizard

      This guy as it turns out can be disassemble into pieces!
      Win for me, because I hate detailed undercuts.
       
      And I do not like the staff (fish/dragon)head.
      Does not fit the character imo.
      The red squiggly turned out verynice!
       
      FINISHED here!
       





    • By Kikkenass
      For your consideration I present my take on the Wizard’s Workshop. This piece was created in response to a challenge issued by a Twitch streamer that I follow. The challenge was themed Fatherly for Fathers Day 2020. I spent several hours searching for the right model until I came across this piece. Inspired by Alexi Z’s example on the Reaper website I decided to try OSL for the first time. (Using an airbrush is almost cheating lol) I wanted to find a unique base for this project and settled on the Shattered Ritual 100mm base by Secret Weapon Miniatures. In addition to the Wizard’s Workshop I also added 77318: Bookshelf, 77248: Crates (Large and Small) (2) and 77249: Large Barrel Small Barrel to the scene
       
      The Glowing effect was created by adding LIT Green Glow Pigment by Culture Hustle and mixing it with the acrylic paint and applying it with the airbrush. C&C welcome  



  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...