Sign in to follow this  
TripleH

Vex Airbrush

So, word on the street is that during ReaperCon, the new Vex Airbrush will be released to the wild. In preparation, Aaron Lovejoy who has been working with Reaper and Badger in development and has been using the prototype just received a production version of the airbrush and has done a short video testing & showing it off.

https://youtu.be/9L4tEzcgRXY

Yes it will be available for purchase on the weekend of Reapercon ($199), This will just be the airbrush itself in two sizes and then After ReaperCon Live 2020 it will go down for a short time while we get all the extra things that go with it. It will be back for general purchase at a later date once it has a good case and bundles with things needed! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Reaper_Jon Is there a idea of how much it will be when it goes to general purchase?  When you say two sizes will there be two brushes with different needle size or brush size?  In the video he mentions there are two needle sizes that fit without changing the nozzle. 

I’d like to buy it during the con if if come with the two needle sizes if that’s available. Also I’m kinda interested is what else will be added later to the package. 

Thanks Reaper!

Edited by Jeepnewbie
Added text

2 minutes ago, Jeepnewbie said:

@Reaper_Jon Is there a idea of how much it will be when it goes to general purchase?  When you say two sizes will there be two brushes with different needle size or brush size?  In the video he mentions there are two needle sizes that fit without changing the nozzle. 

I’d like to buy it during the con if if come with the two needle sizes if that’s available. Also I’m kinda interested is what else will be added later to the package. 

Thanks Reaper!

I am watching the video as we speak. I know on youtube, Ron said $199.00. I believe that is for the airbrush (you choose the cup size I believe? I'd go the small one, just to help the sight line, I already have a patriot and sotar, so general is already my patriot.), in the case they kept mentioning and MAYBE, both needles. @Reaper_Jon or @Reaper Roncan you confirm? The package stuff is supposed to be full kits basically (hoses, quick disconnects,etc. I think they even want to package a compressor with it. I really think they should go with a California air tools one, they are super awesome and super quiet)

Even though I have one of every popular AB (Paasche H and VL and VSR90/Badger patriot,sotar and SEVERAL anthems for shirt work), I may get one due to the minimal clogging:)

• Like 1

I think I'll wait for the full release to see what that's all about.  I don't need another airbrush during Reapercon.

at $199 for a bare bones airbrush (albiet with two needles) that puts it as the most expensive airbrush Badger currently makes. (even more than the Sotar kit with all three needles at $150...)  Aaron does a great job talking it up in his video, but that guy has worlds of experience with airbrush work, I can't help but wonder if someone with my far more modest skills could even benefit from it....

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 8:53 AM, Cygnwulf said:

at $199 for a bare bones airbrush (albiet with two needles) that puts it as the most expensive airbrush Badger currently makes. (even more than the Sotar kit with all three needles at $150...)  Aaron does a great job talking it up in his video, but that guy has worlds of experience with airbrush work, I can't help but wonder if someone with my far more modest skills could even benefit from it....

Bit late for this reply but I would say yes but it depends.  If your current brush is similar to the vex, it probably won't make much difference.

I have a Badger 105 with extra fine detail needle but managed to get a high end airbrush for finer details at a great price.  I'm new.  First used the Badger just last year and don't use often.   I saw immediate differences with my iwata.  Even I can manage finer spray etc and the spray pattern itself seems smoother.  

Loving it.  Ordered an even finer needle and head system for the iwata. 

Also I will learn with it so should be more natural for me as I use it

Sanjay

Edited by StarFyre