Sign in to follow this  
Citrine

Citrine paints Ral Partha Chasme

I like the carapace - and wonderful work on the 'human' flesh color, very creepy. Love this old school mini!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      The current center-piece of my Demonic Army, a Balrog "Balor." 

This is "Errtu, Balor" from the Legend of Drizzt D&D Board Game.  I painted him up about a year ago and he was one of the first huge minis I ever attempted.  There's a lot that I wish I'd done better looking back on it, but you have to make mistakes to get better!

More Photos Below Spoiler:

Check out the rest of my Blood War project HERE.
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Here's a simple one for you today.  Filling out my Demonic Army, we have a Barlgura, represented by an Ape Demon (77260).

He seems a little small, but it works.  Painted him up quickly the evening before a game sometime last winter.

More Photos Beneath Spoiler:

I've got more fiendish things to show you all, but this one is good for today.

Show me your favorite fiends!
    • By Dan d'Lyon
      Well, looks like Hasbro is doing their own version of a kickstarter for a new release of one of the all-time classics.  I don't know if their site for the crowdfunding would be considered as a commercial site, but I'm sure it will be easy enough to find.  I'm in!
    • By Prex
      So I dug an old mini out of the bottom of my box of forgotten lead - the 1989 Firbolg by Ral Partha. This classic figure deserved better than being lost for  a generation so I decided to paint it up and take a few photos on the way. 

It was in fine shape except for the broken / missing handle and pommel for the sword, so I started with a repair job - pin it to win it. 

A quick test of my sculpting skills, I used milliput to add a new handle over the pin.  I gave the whole model a new prime with vallejo surface primer through my airbrush. Overall, not too bad and one quick mold line removal later and a touch up prime and it was ready for some color. 

Time for getting some basic color on the model. I started with reaper golden shadow for the skin. It's a nice warm base to paint over, so I was pretty hopeful that it would provide the right base for the reaper warrior flesh  I planned on using later.  

Next up. some shadow. I used vallejo model air burnt umber for the shadows and for a first coat of the leather bits.

• By Citrine
      This statuesque demon prince has been on my to paint list for a while.  Had fun using non-black blacks on him, skin base is Coal Black (Reaper 9693), highlighted with Coal Black mixed with neutral greys and also Mint Green for the highest highlights.  The base cobblestones are Black indigo (Reaper 9603), with Lava Orange (Reaper 9218) as mortar. Also decided to try out the NMM Gold triad, so all the gold is NMM.

Reaper 3086 Nephal the Demon Prince in metal.

• Who's Online   25 Members, 1 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)