On 9/23/2020 at 6:19 PM, Glitterwolf said:

WOOF approves!

I didn't realise robots could join WOOF.

On 9/24/2020 at 6:18 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Ok, Mecha Toto is very cool!

Thanks!

So this thread kinda died, but for once there is a reason.

Basically, when painting Toto's hat, I got some paint on his face, and this easily fixable mistake triggered a panic attack (stupid brain!). I set him aside for a while, but I still got rather anxious when I tried working on him (and the others).

However, I'm pretty determined to get my Oz gang painted up (Not too bothered if the Nautilus crew remain in their box though, I've lost interest in that range), so today I had another try with the easiest of the gang, the Tin-man:-

s9oZtWO.jpg

This started as a base of Pure Black/Oily Steel, the axe head and more mechanical parts got a coat of Oily Steel, while his armour plates got some Aqua Turquoise, then it all got some Black Wash.

So far so good.

• Like 11

Progress:-

lvMw8iA.jpg

It doesn't look like I've done anything, but the Aqua Turquoise parts got another coat of Aqua Turquoise and then highlights of Aqua Turquoise/Chrome and the Oily Steel parts got the same but in Oily Steel.

MBLmhyh.jpg

He then got some Bronze decorations, some Brassy Brass on his axe and Polished Gold on his heart-shaped pocket-watch.

Looking at him closer, I'm not sold on his Bronze head, it's hard to make out the details, maybe a more traditional bone colour?

• Like 8

Finally feeling perky enough to do a bit more of this:-

xZWKdl1.jpgtTvllV4.jpg

Re-painted his head (Iraqi Sand > Brown Wash > Bonewhite), might still hit it with another wash, try and get his mouth to stand out a bit more.

Also painted his axe handle (Pure Black/Gunmetal Grey), chest cable (Ochre Yellow and Pure Black/Cold Grey stripes) and hat plus waistcoat (Hexed Lichen > Black Wash > Hexed Lichen > Off-white/Hexed Lichen, with Magic Blue details).

Not much left. 

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Good progress!

Thanks!

My brain was still more cold-addled than I thought, all I had left to paint were a couple wires. Not sure why I didn't do them at the same time as everything else:-

RvXhr5W.jpg

Wires painted in Sky Blue.

Started on the base, but the Stone Grey doesn't want to go over the Black Primer at the moment, so it's taking lots of coats with lots of drying time inbetween.

So I started on Pascal De Lyon:-

gE5jIe2.jpg

So far, I've done his skin (Rosy Flesh > Flesh Wash > Rosy Flesh > Rosy Flesh/Light Flesh) and his big bushy moustache (Stone Grey > Ghost Grey > Black Wash).

Now I need to look up a Napoleonic uniform.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Thanks!

My brain was still more cold-addled than I thought, all I had left to paint were a couple wires. Not sure why I didn't do them at the same time as everything else:-

Wires painted in Sky Blue.

Started on the base, but the Stone Grey doesn't want to go over the Black Primer at the moment, so it's taking lots of coats with lots of drying time inbetween.

So I started on Pascal De Lyon:-

So far, I've done his skin (Rosy Flesh > Flesh Wash > Rosy Flesh > Rosy Flesh/Light Flesh) and his big bushy moustache (Stone Grey > Ghost Grey > Black Wash).

Now I need to look up a Napoleonic uniform.

Since his name is Pascal, look for a French Napolonic Uniform.

Imperial Guard or Infantry of the Line would work.

• Like 4

On 11/15/2020 at 3:04 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Looking good!  Great 'stach!!

Thanks!

On 11/15/2020 at 2:37 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Since his name is Pascal, look for a French Napolonic Uniform.

Imperial Guard or Infantry of the Line would work.

I gave it a good Google, but he doesn't really match up with anything (although I doubt he was sculpted with historical accuracy in mind), I think if I use the right colour scheme though it'll sell the idea.

Been painting (and taking piccys) just not posting.

Rvx1a2D.jpg

Pascal got a shirt ( Bonewhite/Iraqi Sand > Sepia Wash > Bonewhite > Bonewhite/Off-white > thinned Sepia Wash with Brassy Brass buttons).

9Kkaxfj.jpg

He then got a coat. It started with a base of Dark Prussian Blue, shaded with Pure Black/Dark Prussian Blue and highlighted with Ghost Grey/Dark Prussian Blue, and then a thin glaze of Dark Prussian Blue.

Still need to do the trim, but I wanted to paint his trousers first.

aDkY7pf.jpg

Trousers! (Ghost Grey > Grey Wash > Ghost Grey > Ghost Grey/Off-white with Brassy Brass buttons and Red Leather stitches).

Next is either his coat trim or sock/shoe combo.

I also took Show-Off pics of the Tin Man.

• Like 10

On 11/19/2020 at 8:03 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Yes, the uniform gives off the right vibe!

Thanks!

Finally made a little progress:-

gZ6ix9e.jpg

Painted the trim of his coat in Scarlett Red with Polished Gold bits.

I also painted his shoe (Pure Black/Stone Grey > Black Wash > Pure Black/Stone Grey) and sock (Off-white/Leather Brown > Brown Wash > Off-white/Leather Brown).

YitFcEp.jpg

Then I painted his gun and mug in Oily Steel with Bronze decorations (plus Bonewhite > Sepia Wash for the dribble of booze).

His lion costume is next.

• Like 10

I love it!

Always loved the Napoleonic Uniforms and this is a great conversion to Fantasy/Steampunk, it's great.

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2020 at 9:17 AM, Glitterwolf said:

I love it!

Always loved the Napoleonic Uniforms and this is a great conversion to Fantasy/Steampunk, it's great.

Thanks! I'm really happy with how it's going so far, probably some of my best painting for a while.

So I thought I'd updated this a couple days ago, but not only didn't I do that, I didn't take any pictures at the time either ::(:

rDUcFpL.jpg

At this point I've done the lions fur, I didn't want it to look too realistic so went really yellowy (Ochre Yellow > Sepia Wash > Ochre Yellow > Ochre Yellow/Bonewhite).

Lions mane (Leather Brown/Ochre Yellow/Fire Orange >Ochre Yellow/Fire Orange > Brown Wash), teeth (Bonewhite) and claws (Pure Black).

I've also done some straps (Leather Brown > Leather Brown/Bonewhite > Brown Wash), and a little lion brooch (Bronze). Some of the straps are weird and don't really meet up any where, but I do think they're separate bits and not part of the lion suit.

Just got the little distillery on his back to do and we're done.

• Like 6

:angry:

Was going to post an update, but the stupid piccy didn't upload for some reason (the others did, but that doesn't help much).

I'll try again tomorrow.

• Sad 3

Lets try this again:-

kc2z2vO.jpg

Hmm... not really worth the trouble (stupid inability to photograph metallics!).

The main body of his backpack distillery is Brassy Brass, with Bronze decorations, Oily Steel bits, Sirenscale Green tubes and Iraqi Sand cloth ties.

I've mostly finished his base now too, should be all done tomorrow. 

• Like 4