How to make grids and grates

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I detest videos. Can this idea (whatever it is) be summarized in a few bullet points?

And more importantly, No I Do Not Want To Subscribe To Whoever’s Video Channel. Also, I can’t be arsed to listen to somebody drone on and on belaboring every last little point they want to try making, as if they are thrilled and mesmerized by the sound of their own voice. Further, I have no interest in  enhancing somebody else’s ad revenue. Lastly, I am real sick of seeing and being force-fed YouTube adverts. 

A picture might be worth a thousand words, but a YouTube video rarely amounts to more than fifty. 

I would rather just read 50 words and be done with it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, TGP said:

I detest videos. Can this idea (whatever it is) be summarized in a few bullet points?

And more importantly, No I Do Not Want To Subscribe To Whoever’s Video Channel. Also, I can’t be arsed to listen to somebody drone on and on belaboring every last little point they want to try making, as if they are thrilled and mesmerized by the sound of their own voice. Further, I have no interest in  enhancing somebody else’s ad revenue. Lastly, I am real sick of seeing and being force-fed YouTube adverts. 

A picture might be worth a thousand words, but a YouTube video rarely amounts to more than fifty. 

I would rather just read 50 words and be done with it. 

You wrote 120 words to complain.

Also, my channel isn't monetized nor will it ever be. There are no ads.

• Like 1
On 8/17/2020 at 10:02 AM, Terrainosaur said:

You wrote 120 words to complain.

I did. Really?

All I can tell you is the words just started flowing when the rant mode got going. But...

Sorry if you felt singled out. Your post was somewhere around the 120th example of a habit I have come to dislike. And dislike enough to rant a bit. 

It was also meant for the preceding 119 other examples that I have seen. Y’eve had plenty of company. 

I just wish links to videos were as a standard practice accompanied by words-of-warning, short summaries, little spoilers, explanations and such. 

I will be :blink: amazed if this is so:

On 8/17/2020 at 10:02 AM, Terrainosaur said:

Also, my channel isn't monetized nor will it ever be. There are no ads.

I have yet to put that to the test. 
Lately, YouTube has been shoving ads in my face no matter what and whenever it likes. It will even hark up an ad right in the middle of a David Gilmore guitar solo. 

It’s like a timed thing, after XX seconds there will be an ad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, TGP said:

Lately, YouTube has been shoving ads in my face no matter what and whenever it likes. It will even hark up an ad right in the middle of a David Gilmore guitar solo. 

It’s like a timed thing, after XX seconds there will be an ad. 

uBlock Origin. I haven't seen an ad on youtube in years.