Sign in to follow this  
GamerPrincess

Dwarf Kickstarter!!!

11 hours ago, GamerPrincess said:

SamuraiJack

Their miniatures are not 32mm.  There the exact same size as Reapers.  They are heroic 28mm and as a matter of fact they have the exact same sculptures as reaper.  I don't know where you got the minis are 32mm????

32mm or 28mm I'm not buying minis that size anymore..

4 hours ago, haldir said:

Sadly, allot of stretch goals don't get unlocked for these guys. It may be the $$$ to reach or what not but just look at the one I just posted. They only unlocked a couple stretch figures. Thou, I was mostly in that KS for the ogre as the resin copy is like half the cost of the metal one. Heck, I can't even remember what I ordered with that one. It'll be a surprise!!! lol

It's a shame because it appears this company does some really nice stuff; but not even the nicest miniatures in the world are enough if no one notices your campaigns.

They're going to have to create some real buzz if they want to get on people's radars; and exciting, achievable stretch goals seem to me to be the best way to do that. Blacklist Miniatures' very successful KS is probably the greatest recent example of a company that came out of nowhere and created ENORMOUS excitement via it's insanely fun stretch goal journey. I have no doubt that a lot of buyers added them to their "Following" lists as a result of it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blacklistgames/blacklist-miniatures-fantasy-series-1

• Like 1

Wow!  Never heard of them but damn, 1.6M!  Im sure a lot of people are following them.  I am now.  Lol   

Hopefully Tomb Guardians follows this site.   But even if they don't maybe someone tells them to lower the stretch goal amounts.  Still 11 miniatures now in resin are only $3.27.  There also made in the states not overseas, if that matters to anyone.  But they are really nice miniatures.  I have a lot of them.

^ That Blacklist KS is still open for late pledges if you want to jump on board. The $ value per miniature is INCREDIBLY good.

8 hours ago, Kalibak said:

It's a shame because it appears this company does some really nice stuff; but not even the nicest miniatures in the world are enough if no one notices your campaigns.

They're going to have to create some real buzz if they want to get on people's radars; and exciting, achievable stretch goals seem to me to be the best way to do that. Blacklist Miniatures' very successful KS is probably the greatest recent example of a company that came out of nowhere and created ENORMOUS excitement via it's insanely fun stretch goal journey. I have no doubt that a lot of buyers added them to their "Following" lists as a result of it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blacklistgames/blacklist-miniatures-fantasy-series-1

I think part of the issue was how much they used to promote on social media and mailing lists.  I would put it just shy of spam, if a Kickstarter launched or got an update I would get 3-4 emails about it, then there'd be 2-3 posts in a row on every FB minis page (including other companies that usually don't promote other lines).  It was a bit nuts.

Morning Lidless Eye

I get what your saying but they are a relative new company and I'm sure they dont have the capital to spend for advertising like the larger companies and that is one of their means to get their name out there to the masses.  I agree a little too much but hey I don't care as long as they make great minis.  

They just posted this:

"Good Morning everyone!
Tomb Guardians has a HUGE announcement for everyone that has pledged, followers of the Kickstarter and future pledgers! Don’t miss our announcement today at 12pm EST!
We are very excited about this and we know you will be too!"

Edited by GamerPrincess
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GamerPrincess said:

Morning Lidless Eye

I get what your saying but they are a relative new company and I'm sure they dont have the capital to spend for advertising like the larger companies and that is one of their means to get their name out there to the masses.  I agree a little too much but hey I don't care as long as they make great minis.  

They just posted this:

"Good Morning everyone!
Tomb Guardians has a HUGE announcement for everyone that has pledged, followers of the Kickstarter and future pledgers! Don’t miss our announcement today at 12pm EST!
We are very excited about this and we know you will be too!"

For whatever reason, when I click on this link, it's taking me to the Forum Homepage.

Well I guess they listened and heard us!  LOL  Im going to increase my pledge to get the bear riders

Tomb Guardians lowered there stretch goals and are giving FREE Bear Riders!!!!  Hot Damn!

Works now out to like $2.00 a mini and they still have 26 days left with stretch goals

exclusive offer.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kalibak said:

Well this is exciting. I wonder if they read my post? ::D:

I think GamerPrincess is actually the guy who runs their company. 

What helped Blacklist is the quality sculpt for the prices, yes, but also the fact that they dove-tailed this into their board game; Altar Quest. They used their KS to make the Altar Quest game more attractive and to help further drive up the dollar amounts by having the game and its expansions be add-ons during and after the campaign. It was saavy. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, GamerPrincess said:

Lol no Adrift Im not the guy who runs their company, nor a guy!  Just excited about their minis. 

That was clever of Blacklist.  Did you get in on that KS?

Indeed, as did 3 members of my dnd group when I told them; 2 want to learn to paint and will use their minis as a jumping off point. 

• Like 2