Sign in to follow this  
GamerPrincess

Dwarf Kickstarter!!!

18 minutes ago, ced1106 said:

No, I didn't back. I have too many dwarves, most unpainted. The KS page says $2.56 per miniature?

Ok so right now you get 17 minis at $2.11 a mini for the Dwarven Collection Core

• Like 1

I hear what you guys are saying and maybe its a little too much.  But they produce some amazing minis and this KS is amazing and doing very well.  6 stretch goals in 6 days.  Ill put up with emails for FREE minis!  Think most people would.  Just my two sense.  Regardless, hope you and your families are well and healthy 

Maybe it's because I already have 21 miniatures, but I find that "free" has lost a bit of it's luster as the main "selling" point for me (as has "cheap, cheap, cheap").

- as others have said: those dwarves are nice (how could they not be - being sculpted by artists like Jackson, van Horne etc?) but quite generic (for the most part ... the zombie miner with the sack is awesome)

- how a company acts has started to influence my backing decisions. I was all over CMON projects a couple of years ago (nice minis, good games, lots of "bang for the buck") but have stopped supporting them because some of the ways they (have started to) run projects simply does not sit well with me ... being spammed with emails or messages is also a sure way to get me to not back a company (as is the misuse of hobby forums)

These dwarves are a great offer for people starting with the hobby (and for that alone the company deserves the success it is getting) or die-hard fans of dwarves ... but please don't act as if everybody MUST fall into that category.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

how a company acts has started to influence my backing decisions. I was all over CMON projects a couple of years ago (nice minis, good games, lots of "bang for the buck") but have stopped supporting them because some of the ways they (have started to) run projects simply does not sit well with me ... being spammed with emails or messages is also a sure way to get me to not back a company (as is the misuse of hobby forums)

This exactly. This particular Kickstarter has gotten a bit too aggressive with its messaging and it's not a winning strategy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2020 at 6:30 PM, ced1106 said:

I think had the creator led the campaign with bear riders, it might have had more attention. The Assault Group had Halflings on armored roosters, and Troll Trader had Egyptian versions of various fantasy races. 

fyi, For Reaper painters here, certain sculptors are well-known, and I noticed these sculptors in this campaign : Jason Wiebe (Dwarfs), Bobby Jackson (Monsters), Gene Van Horne (Monsters).

On 8/23/2020 at 9:24 PM, Citrine said:

I really like these dwarves, but I have already backed and received 2 other pure dwarf Kickstarters, so I have all the dwarves I could ever need. 

I hope they are not over-extending themselves with these prices. 

On 8/24/2020 at 8:07 PM, ced1106 said:

No, I didn't back. I have too many dwarves, most unpainted. The KS page says $2.56 per miniature?

I have pledged this KS and there prior Kickstarters and I have received 4 emails in total since the start.  I guess each person has there own likes and dislikes but I can't see how it is bad or wrong for a company to try and promote their products and attract customers or pledges.  If they did nothing, Im sure you guys would turn around and say they need to promote to get more pledges and not support them due to the fact there not promoting.  Unfortunately, in my opinion they are in a no win situation with you guys.  Regardless, Im not trying to be rude or pick a fight just saying this company is a small fish in a larger Reaper and Wizkids pool trying to compete and personally I think they are doing a fantastic job!  Who else in the industry offers a 5 year guarantee on metal miniatures(break it they replace it)?   Simple answer noone.  Love you guys and your passion!  

11 minutes ago, Kalibak said:

How did people get on an email list for this? I pledged and haven’t received anything. 

I don't think they have an email list Kalibak unless you pledged before with them.  I have received 4 notifications from them since the start.

Cant wait till tomorrow to see the announcement!  I wonder which vote won?

Lets ignore that they were featured in updates 21 - 24 of the Amazons KS. That's somewhat normal.

Lets see... what is still in my email trash... 

On the 16th.

A mail about the KS starting in 2 days. This used my email from their site. It's OK to send one such mail to previous backers. 

Then I got another, with preview on the same day. Also using the same 'previous customer' blurb.

18th.

Message that the KS is live. Same blurb.

Also 'Review the Kickstarter' with 'KS starts in 2 days'... Same blurb.

19th.

Live! messge sent via Backerkit.

Reminder: Live! Funded in 4 hours... Backerkit

And again. Now nearing first SG... Backerkit.

And a copy of that again, 2 hours later... 

23rd

5days and 5 stretch goals. Backerkit message.

24th

Another 5 days and 5 SG message, this time with the previous customer blurb.

25th

6days and 6SGs. Backerkit. And to be certain I saw it, they sent it twice at the same time...

And it was time for me to give up...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gadgetman! said:

Lets ignore that they were featured in updates 21 - 24 of the Amazons KS. That's somewhat normal.

Lets see... what is still in my email trash... 

On the 16th.

A mail about the KS starting in 2 days. This used my email from their site. It's OK to send one such mail to previous backers. 

Then I got another, with preview on the same day. Also using the same 'previous customer' blurb.

18th.

Message that the KS is live. Same blurb.

Also 'Review the Kickstarter' with 'KS starts in 2 days'... Same blurb.

19th.

Live! messge sent via Backerkit.

Reminder: Live! Funded in 4 hours... Backerkit

And again. Now nearing first SG... Backerkit.

And a copy of that again, 2 hours later... 

23rd

5days and 5 stretch goals. Backerkit message.

24th

Another 5 days and 5 SG message, this time with the previous customer blurb.

25th

6days and 6SGs. Backerkit. And to be certain I saw it, they sent it twice at the same time...

And it was time for me to give up...

Ok so what your saying is don't advertise and don't let people know?  And if they do advertise just do it a couple of times.   Do you think that is fair to them?  I don't know this company from adam but they produce awesome minis and if if it helps them as a small company let them do what they can do to succeed.  I understand you don't like it but you can always opt out of the emails.  Have you ever purchased their minis?  They are amazing and their quality is outstanding comparing other huge companies out there.  They also make all there minis here in the states and not in China.  I guess we will agree to disagree.  Too bad you didn't support them because their minis are awesome.    Wish you the best my friend

I consider it OK to send out a couple of 'early warnings'( the Amazons updates mostly fill that niche) 

Add another in their newsletter, and again when it goes live. 

Considering that many fans also 'follow' creators on KS and get a message when the KS goes live that should be enough for the start. 

After that, I'd consider 1 update per week, and one a couple of days before the end, and a final one a day or so before the end. 

Multiple messages per day is just not cricket. 

I received their amazons only a few days ago, and yes, they are good. 

(That's how they got my email address after all)

The reason I'm not backing these is that this bunch just doesn't interest me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, GamerPrincess said:

Ok so what your saying is don't advertise and don't let people know?  And if they do advertise just do it a couple of times.   Do you think that is fair to them?  I don't know this company from adam but they produce awesome minis and if if it helps them as a small company let them do what they can do to succeed.  I understand you don't like it but you can always opt out of the emails.  Have you ever purchased their minis?  They are amazing and their quality is outstanding comparing other huge companies out there.  They also make all there minis here in the states and not in China.  I guess we will agree to disagree.  Too bad you didn't support them because their minis are awesome.    Wish you the best my friend

Um ... there is a difference between "advertise" and "spam". There is a difference between public and private - when you put up posts publicly (like even updates on former Kickstarter projects) to advertise your new campaign that's different from sending people several emails and (private) messages because I feel that's intrusive and to me way beyond "let them do what they can to succeed". It's a less than great move because it alienates some people, resulting in less money for the company. There are several companies out there that make awesome minis (at comparatively low prices) and most metal and resin minis are not made in China (at least the ones I know about). If you talk about China, it's usually boardgame plastic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

Um ... there is a difference between "advertise" and "spam". There is a difference between public and private - when you put up posts publicly (like even updates on former Kickstarter projects) to advertise your new campaign that's different from sending people several emails and (private) messages because I feel that's intrusive and to me way beyond "let them do what they can to succeed". It's a less than great move because it alienates some people, resulting in less money for the company. There are several companies out there that make awesome minis (at comparatively low prices) and most metal and resin minis are not made in China (at least the ones I know about). If you talk about China, it's usually boardgame plastic.

Knight where do you think Reaper and Wizkids make there minis?  Its in China.  I get your point, just opt out of there emails.  Have a great day my friend