• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iain-lovecraft/asian-adventures  

I've been following this guy for a while.   I'm not always 100% into every model, but I like the majority of his work and I'm feeling this project won't be any different.   He has

Oh no!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Evilhalfling said:

"printable"

okay then, moving on. 

Oh, that makes my wallet breathe easier, as STL's have to really grab my attention at the moment (when I get a printer or three, then I suspect temptation will ring a lot stronger) 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Oh, that makes my wallet breathe easier, as STL's have to really grab my attention at the moment (when I get a printer or three, then I suspect temptation will ring a lot stronger) 

At the moment I'm actually happy to join STL kickstarters, I find it easier to store files than actual minis and one can print as many as one wants/needs.

Now to see how the designs will look and if this is a resin friendly KS.

( the resin printers have a smaller printbed..so huge stuff needs to be sliced or it's too big)

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

At the moment I'm actually happy to join STL kickstarters, I find it easier to store files than actual minis and one can print as many as one wants/needs.

Now to see how the designs will look and if this is a resin friendly KS.

( the resin printers have a smaller printbed..so huge stuff needs to be sliced or it's too big)

True, storage is definitely a big thing. 

I think the main thing for why it's easier to resist is at the moment I have a few expenses to take care of, so I'm being pickier about what I commit money to for "won't get for a while" stuffs. On the other paw, STL Kickstarters are of more interest, since I'll be getting printers soonish, and they usually aren't quite as expensive. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

True, storage is definitely a big thing. 

I think the main thing for why it's easier to resist is at the moment I have a few expenses to take care of, so I'm being pickier about what I commit money to for "won't get for a while" stuffs. On the other paw, STL Kickstarters are of more interest, since I'll be getting printers soonish, and they usually aren't quite as expensive. 

I'm getting more selective these days, life is expensive, but if the designs are good, resin friendly and the price is right, this one might be something for me.

It will need to have something I really want though, I already have a lot of Physical minis and STL's from other companies for my Nippon Project, I don't need the next generic samurai.

I like the look of that dragon, I'm curious to see what will be done.

If they have a Chinese Junk ( ship) and it's sliced for resin printers, I would be thrilled.

• Like 3

I've been following this guy for a while.

I'm not always 100% into every model, but I like the majority of his work and I'm feeling this project won't be any different.

He has always delivered on time, doesn't run multiple projects simultaneously, and downloading things has been painless.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Reverend Shartan said:

I've backed his Viking campaign, and his Lovecraft/Pirate campaign, and will definitely back the Asian campaign.

As noted by Clearman, his projects have always delivered on time, and with zero download issues.

Reverend Shartan

I missed the Vikings.

I was interested in the pirates until he mixed it with lovecraft.

Asian Campaign sounds promising for my Asian project but it will depend on what he has to offer.

Since I backed a few Zenith/Kensei Kickstarters I already have a lot, not to mention the STL's I got from Artisan Guild, Titanforge and such.

I do not need the general looking stuff, I like something original and different.

Bones V I even skipped the Asian expansion because of this.

I will keep an eye out for it.

Hoping for some good stuff, the mounted figure in the picture looks good, Chinese Cavalry from the look of it.

That would be cool, almost everbody only does Samurai/Ninja etc..

I would love to see some Indian stuff included one day.

• Like 1

I'm very curious to see what he will come up with.

There are many possibilities when you just say Asian Adventures and show a Chinese Cavalryman, a Waterdragon and a Japanese Fort.

Hope it goes live soon.

• Like 1