Sign in to follow this  
Tasso

Odd Little Friend in My Order

2DFEE02F-3349-4F3A-B8F5-0B567204A4F2.thumb.jpeg.c702e295e3e30fcc9b8d2d1d5e5ee8f9.jpegI found this strange little fellow in my order. Anyone have insight on what he is? Is Reaper going into the meeple business? Is it the Reaper equivalent of a golden ticket? (A factory tour would be awesome, so long as there’s no anti-gravity soda and giant exhaust fans around.) Is there a game afoot? 

• Like 10

It's a sample of the new plastic Reaper wants to try.  It's being sent randomly to customers to experiment with. Paint it, drill it, glue it, let them know what you think. 

• Like 8

From what I understand from the last Twitch stream, it is a new material that they are testing and they want people to help test. Drill holes, cut, glue, paint, anything you can think of and let them know your thoughts.

• Like 8

Ah. Will do. Fortunately meeples are not parties to the Geneva Conventions. 

Edited by Tasso
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Tasso said:

Is it the Reaper equivalent of a golden ticket? (A factory tour would be awesome, so long as there’s no anti-gravity soda and giant exhaust fans around.)

"You stole Fizzy Lifting Drinks!"

Just remember to burp, and you'll be ok. It's the creepy Johnny Depp Wonka you have to be more worried about...

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Tasso said:

2DFEE02F-3349-4F3A-B8F5-0B567204A4F2.thumb.jpeg.c702e295e3e30fcc9b8d2d1d5e5ee8f9.jpegI found this strange little fellow in my order. Anyone have insight on what he is? Is Reaper going into the meeple business? Is it the Reaper equivalent of a golden ticket? (A factory tour would be awesome, so long as there’s no anti-gravity soda and giant exhaust fans around.) Is there a game afoot? 

If you want the 3D reference, it's supposed to be this fella.

Sheriff Drumfasser from Dreadmere, sku 44018.

44018_w_1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Can you file/sand it; that's all I want to know.  That is the one thing I hate about Bones is having to cut/scrape all the seams.

• Like 6

On 8/27/2020 at 7:47 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Can you file/sand it; that's all I want to know.  That is the one thing I hate about Bones is having to cut/scrape all the seams.

Have you played around with Bones Black yet? I've been able to scrape more like resin on those.

Also if you use sanding needles and finer diamond files and very light pressure, you can file on traditional Bones. Super very light pressure. Like not as soft as you'd do it on your hand, as soft as you'd do it on a baby's. Filing in just one direction helps and then get any little gribblies off at the end filing even lighter in the opposite direction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Wren said:

Have you played around with Bones Black yet? I've been able to scrape more like resin on those.

Also if you use sanding needles and finer diamond files and very light pressure, you can file on traditional Bones. Super very light pressure. Like not as soft as you'd do it on your hand, as soft as you'd do it on a baby's. Filing in just one direction helps and then get any little gribblies off at the end filing even lighter in the opposite direction.

Yes, Bones Black is better. Really, I want to be able to get back to using a bit on my rotary tool, as it makes removal really easy.  But I have yet to find a bit that will work.

• Like 2

I was never brave enough to use tools like that even on metal mins. :->

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wren said:

I was never brave enough to use tools like that even on metal mins. :->

Only if they need battle scars!  :unsure:

Wonder if anybody (that has both) can rotate one of the 3D models until it matches the silhouette of the meeple?

The store photo is from an angle where the gap between his boots and a space between the arm, scroll, and coat can be seen. 

Those are closed up on the meeple.