Sign in to follow this  
Venun

Wizkids Zombie Beholder

Hi all

I had lost my motivation to paint in the past few months. With no paint nights with friends, my mini's not seeing the D&D table as we're playing online atm, it wasn't motivating.

This weekend I picked it up again. Finished 2 mini's, of which I'll post 1 today :) 

this zombie Beholder was my first attempt at painting a blind eye. Loving the outcome!

Added the toxic drool when I thought he was done, which turned out to be a lie. The drool finished him up proper :)

P_20200831_114752.thumb.jpg.61f4cdb505f71d2187967c28b6ff150e.jpg

P_20200831_114717.thumb.jpg.d6be4d217c934f970cb0c0f062c1e3ab.jpg

P_20200831_114725.thumb.jpg.a748be605e1cbcc91bdb2fb7475fbeea.jpg

P_20200831_114735.thumb.jpg.0e09318444680158161e30e4c5c2eb4d.jpg

• Like 19

Congrats on motivating - that can be hard sometimes. Love the drool and the eyeball look great with its muted greyish cast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nial ap Morai
      Tried to paint the Griffon to look like Buckbeak (a hippogriff I could not locate) for a friend’s HP diorama. 

• By Iridil
      Here is a trio of Wizkids elves painted up for tabletop. It was very annoying to get to the bowman's face - so its not really painted in detail. I have mixed feeling about wizkids humanoids.... I feel a bit grumpy about how these didn't turn out, but its' my fault... I do like the yellow velveteen effect I got on the one cloak...

• By ksbsnowowl
      My cousin came over to paint a Bones mini I had laying around to be his new (temporary?) character, as he was slain at the end of the last session.  I decided to pull out the Nolzur’s Grick pack to paint something easy while half entertaining him. 

I just used two colors so far, Vallejo Green Brown for the belly and sucker “underside” of its face tentacles, and Reaper Troll Hide, both thinned 1:1 with Vallejo Thinner Medium, and a damp brush. Both colors went onto the smaller Grick like butter, and produced a wonderfully highlighted and shaded effect on their own. 

Sadly I got interrupted by life, and the paint was drying well out by the time I got back (I had put my palette in a ziplock bag, but still...) so I just used the VMC Green Brown that remained to touch up the smaller one, and start on the large one. I also mixed up a small bit of the Troll Hide again, to touch up a few remaining spots on the smaller aberration. But I’m beat, so enough painting for tonight. 

Going forward I plan to do the beak with Reaper Coal Black, which I’ve not had opportunity to make use of, yet. Plus I’ll put some Citadel Screamer Pink in for the mucosa of the mouth. 

Since the paint was acting so wonderfully as a wash, any spots I had to touch back up that resulted in darker splotches, I just mirrored on the opposite side, making that part of his skin pattern. I’m quite pleased with how it’s turning out, and it was ridiculously easy for a great tabletop standard. I need to do more monsters like this. 
    • By Venun
      I got this Frost Giant King in the last BoGW Europe. Glitterwolf put it in there I believe ( @Glitterwolf).

I aimed for a fastvpaintjob, then noticed more and more details during the paint.
      Tried my best at a frostbite-ish effect on the sword. In the end I loved him so much he deserved a proper base.
      I went with an icy base, without the often seen crackle effect. There was no tutorial for what I was aiming for, so I winged it.

The rock is a piece of driftwood with wall filler.

I'm quite happy on the outcome. What do you all think?

Bonus content: WiP pictures

• By Iridil
      Here is a set of five zombies I painted up - first 2 are wizkids and I found I did not really like the sculpt, a sort of Elvis pirate looking zombie. Second three are a mix of a wizkid and two reaper zombies. Quick paint ups for the table - being fortune to have an in-house group to play with!

• Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)