GETTING TO KNOW YOU.... SEPTEMBER 2020 …GTKY

TGP

3 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

You're talking about playing a pen and paper game over the internet, right?

Yes...

Pen and Paper or,
Figures and Inch Squares Grids or,

Figures and Dice and Tape-measures...

Any of ^ those. 

• Like 8

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 6th:

Have you tried playing any internet RPG games this weekend? (There have been many at ReaperCon this weekend, but other games over the nets count as well, even war-games.)

No, but ReaperCon is about painting for me. We've started playing our home game over Roll20.  Its better than nothing and like virtual painting classes has pros and cons.

• Like 9

I'm skipping the Reapercon questions; I'm not there and I'm not particularly involved with the online version, either. I've poked around a little and chatted with a couple people briefly, but that's the extent of my involvement. At first, I wasn't keen on the idea of it, and I didn't understand the technology involved. I got over the tech part through trial and error and warmed to the idea by talking with some people who were more excited about it. Then Thursday brought a family emergency; in the wake of that it just doesn't seem that important. 

I am glad that others seem to be enjoying it, though.:winkthumbs:

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 6th:

Have you tried playing any internet RPG games this weekend? (There have been many at ReaperCon this weekend, but other games over the nets count as well, even war-games.)

No, but I play my normal game online every Monday night (well, except holidays, like this week.....)

• Like 8

7 hours ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 6th:

I'll be running my usual Sunday night Stonehell game tonight.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 6th:

No, most of my game group is (or said they were) following the online classes. Some may be working. 

DH and I have been playing an MMO together this weekend, though. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 6th:

I have not.

I could've, but decided to spend more time with the classes, panels and Twitch streams.

I was also able to paint at the same time. Something that would've been distracting during a game.

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

Which MMO? I am out of the loop on what's hot these days.

Asheron's Call. It hasn't been "hot" in 20 years and was officially shut down 2 years ago. DH and I were hardcore players, and there are a few fan servers up now. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Asheron's Call. It hasn't been "hot" in 20 years and was officially shut down 2 years ago. DH and I were hardcore players, and there are a few fan servers up now. 

Ah, never played it, but know of it. I'm still stuck in games circa 2000 (IMHO that was the pinnacle of PC gaming); Baldur's Gate series, Diablo 2, Unreal Tournament (before consoles ruined FPS)... Even though I own the Witcher series I have yet to play through them all.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, TGP said:

RCon series…

Query for Sept. 6th:

I have the final session of Nights Black Agents tonight. Technically there will be an epilogue, but that will be a one shot in a different system and we may skip a week or two before doing it. 

• Like 8