GETTING TO KNOW YOU.... SEPTEMBER 2020 …GTKY

5 hours ago, Crowley said:

I have bad news for you...

https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Risa

*** Kicks the Hamster for bringing bad news***

Sorry about that, just my primal reaction...no hard feelings I hope?

*** Scrapes Hamster from his boot***

There you go little fellow, my apologies again..

So ehhh...well crap...

In that case I will need to choose something safer.

Omicron Delta it is then.

• Haha 8
  • Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was ready for the Equinox and definitely did not ignore it.                

4 107. y35. n07 45 5uch, 8u7 0n3 0n 02d32. 47 13457 7w0. 1f y0u w4n7 50m3 1337 0-d4y 80071395 1 kn0w 4 w4232 9uy wh0 c4n h00k y0u up w17h 50m3 dup35.  

Cover     Remix    

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Query for Sept. 2nd:

Do you have a dedicated paint/hobby space? If so, what does it look like? Feel free to either describe in words; or show it off with pix.

Yes and no.  When we moved into this house (with a bunch of small rooms), I claimed one room as “the library”.  My desk is there, but it’s a semi-public space and the social compact is that I’m supposed to keep it fairly tidy.

57935E5E-D589-401C-945B-B9CA88D5F263.jpeg.8c6819844842409538271342e52a704c.jpeg

There’s one more shelf unit on the wall opposite the desk, and there are more shelves in the sitting room upstaris, so the “library-ness” of it is incomplete.  After a divorce and two moves, I’m under a thousand books...

42A34766-C126-4C5F-957C-3F0C253EDB7C.jpeg.3f20d321a4ee11f5074fa678997c9ed3.jpeg

On days like that ^^^ I am in violation of the compact.

It’s really supposed to look more like this:

6F8EE58E-F047-446A-A490-FE3ACB6FF9A6.jpeg.2634f279167bb6c9a0bb454ba3b066f0.jpeg

And, lately, in a reorganization of the work-at-home spaces, the desk has been taken over by my work computer.  For rough work, I can set up a folding table in the basement, and I suppose that one could claim that all the shelves in the basement are “dedicated”, but this is generally where I sit and paint.

Later edit: I see that I posted pictures at the move-in:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/74963-small-space-gaming-and-hobbying/&do=findComment&comment=1771203

I have two sizes of folding tables that will fit in the library for a game, but which generally reside in the basement.

Here’s a recent Burrows and Badgers game on a 3 foot square card table:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/64666-house-tabletop-opens-the-gameroom-come-on-in-and-talk-gaming-and-paint/&do=findComment&comment=1936738

And here’s a 40mm Not Quite Seven Years War game on the 4’x6’ Alpha Gaming table in the library:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/64666-house-tabletop-opens-the-gameroom-come-on-in-and-talk-gaming-and-paint/&do=findComment&comment=1932884

The dining room table is a game table with a topper for routine use, so games also spill over into the dining room as necessary:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/64666-house-tabletop-opens-the-gameroom-come-on-in-and-talk-gaming-and-paint/&do=findComment&comment=1858111

Edited by Rob Dean
Links to other pictures
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
2 hours ago, TGP said:

Query for Sept. 2nd:

Do you have a dedicated paint/hobby space? If so, what does it look like? Feel free to either describe in words; or show it off with pix.

Since we moved I have a dedicated hobby room with desk, display cabinets etc.

I share it with Brutus.

Oldest vixen has a desk for her craft and my girl has the PC desk there as well.

So glad I don't have to set it all up and put it away every time I hobby.

Now to find the time to hobby again.

Lately there's too much stuff to do.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
2 hours ago, TGP said:

Query for Sept. 2nd:

No.

Every place I've lived in my adult life, it's always been a desk that gets put somewhere that's not too much in the way.

One day, my quest for a hobby room will be completed.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
On 9/1/2020 at 6:12 AM, TGP said:

Query for Sept 1st:

(A follow-on to the Aug 27 question, that mostly wound up being about spacecraft:) If forced to leave Earth forever…What Planet from Star Trek or Wars, or another SciFy realm, would you choose for your new home-world? (And why?)

I am not much of a SciFi Guy at all. SO, if I had to leave Mother Earth, I think The Bazaar at Deva (MythAdventures) would suit me just fine.

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Query for Sept. 2nd:

YES. It is a fairly large room that is crammed with miniatures, photo stages,  terrain, paints, tools, AND ALL SORTS OF INTERESTING THINGS. There is also a spot to sleep & a modicum clothes storage.

• Like 10
  • Haha 3
5 hours ago, TGP said:

Query for Sept. 2nd:

Mine has fallen into general usage as the room transitioned to a traditional art studio, but it's still ready to use with some setup. Here it is a few years ago:
Desk_v3.jpg.6e2aa75db93970e404b3b4795daf939e.jpg

If I turn the camera around, you can see my modular traditional painting area. TV for reference and videos, still life box, drafting table, taboret set up for painting (I was about to do a Caravaggio study in oils). I say modular because I can move the easel to different spots to work from different references.

070818.jpg.04d4b373592a7f5d66beb45d1583d669.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I am lucky enough to have a dedicated hobby space these days.  I even posted a thread on it around here somewhere when I built it - let's see if I can find that. 

EDIT: Found it!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/81322-kristof65s-new-paintinggaming-area/&do=findComment&comment=1726988

Edited by kristof65
adding link
  • Like 13
6 hours ago, TGP said:

Query for Sept. 2nd:

I guess I have 2 areas that are dedicated to my hobbies. I have one smallish room that houses my 3-D printers & airbrushing space. And another larger room that I have setup for gaming and has the rest of my painting area. 

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

One day, my quest for a hobby room will be completed.

When you make the move to Texas, you need to ensure that your living quarters contains space for a dedicated hobby room. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, TGP said:

Query for Sept. 2nd:

My home office/study/paint room was supposed to be primarily for hobbying, back in the "before times". Now I sit here 8-10 hours a day, not hobbying.

The room is in worse shape than usual, mostly because I spend so much time working in, so get bored during conference calls and unpack things or move them, then nothing gets put away properly.

Also I had to rip the top of the desk I use for airbrushing apart to get the AC in, and haven't put much back (and can't decide if I should bother, since I'll be pulling the AC out for the winter in a month or so.....).

But here is my mess....err, hobby space.

20200902_IMG_0999.jpg.d13d10093a4bdca7d54be1d46243a3f4.jpg

Closet of holding.....beyond max capacity.  Stuff in front came off my air brushing desk, mostly. Clockwork Dragon by Rocket Pig.

20200902_IMG_0998.thumb.jpg.5ee3e4878e444587278a1f9f23703996.jpg

Shelves, storage, more mess, planning for a diorama covered with other stuff. Also Cad Bane.

20200902_IMG_0997.thumb.jpg.a134e111d5c742c3a4dec54146d7f6cb.jpg

Actual painting area, with yet more storage above, behind and occasionally on.

20200902_IMG_0996.thumb.jpg.db9afd0cbcaae156fa40a25d78e4212f.jpg

Table in the corner with my Mars and an airship awaiting permanent assembly.

20200902_IMG_0995.thumb.jpg.36d94713f0c68a5b87fbb6ed2b629791.jpg

Airbrushing desk in a mess, with most of my basing stuff crammed under it after opening a bunch of boxes.  Also and AT-ST and Khanjira.

I have additional miniatures storage in the storage room downstairs for the stuff that wouldn't fit.  As well my Ender 3 is down there as it was making the room too warm.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, TGP said:

Query for Sept. 2nd:

My living room is where I do pretty much everything. Painting; TV/streaming; gaming; computer stuff; eating; knife sharpening; etc.

It's a folding legs portable table in the middle of the room with a nice office chair. Home theater in front of it, couches behind it, and tons of junk on top of it.

P.S. I have tons of junk on top of everything. In all the rooms, on all the furniture. NO exceptions!

• Like 9
  • Haha 5
8 hours ago, TGP said:

Query for Sept. 2nd:

I wish. I live in a small space so I have to move stuff around when I want to paint or game or do much of anything else.

• Like 10
8 hours ago, TGP said:

Query for Sept. 2nd:

Kinda? My desk is out in the main living room, otherwise my wife would never actually see me. As for the desk itself, my most common way to describe it is 'sedimentary compression'.

• Like 6
  • Haha 6
9 hours ago, TGP said:

Query for Sept. 2nd:

My setup is on my kitchen table because it's the part of my apartment that has the best lighting. Currently looks like a hobby bomb went off.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7
9 hours ago, TGP said:

Query for Sept. 2nd:

Yes. In the deepest darkest area of the unfinished basement, I have two old desks in an L shape that are not big enough (since the room is unofficially a storage room, there is some spill over that gets stored on the desks... a 19" CRT monitor that no one will get rid of eats up a lot of space). This is where all my painting gets done. I had intended for one area to be able to have permanent photobooth, but it got over-run before I made one. Really needs to put some type of shelving on the desks to create more space.

I also have shared space in a spare bed/storage room on the top floor of the house, usually where I do assembly as it gets the best natural lighting during the day. Can't do much painting there; it is too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer (though the heat is ideal in summer for getting glue to dry quickly when basing).

• Like 11