TGP

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 21st of September: 

Are you ready for The Equinox? or are you planning to ignore it? (It happens tomorrow for most time-zones.) …and will it be the end of winter or the end of summer for you?

The day is more or less just a day for me, but I guess I'm ready for the eventual change in weather it marks. I've got my sweatshirts unpacked and washed, brewed some seasonal beers, and got the fire pit set up. But I'm already missing the summer. I thrive on the sun and the heat and all the good green growing stuff in the summer.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Are you ready for The Equinox? or are you planning to ignore it? (It happens tomorrow for most time-zones.) …and will it be the end of winter or the end of summer for you?

Generally, the change from summer into autumn doesn't bother me. I prefer autumn weather, which is sweatshirt/hoodie weather (plus Halloween). But this year I am not enthusiastic because of too much crap going on in the world: elections, pandemics, cancelled Halloween, influenza season, and eventual snow and ice.

Most importantly, it means the colder weather is making the decision to wear pants a necessity. And, given the freedom this year has provided for that choice, it's a hard pill to swallow. Trust me, that's true freedom... ask William Wallace (fairly certain that, in a parallel universe, the Scottish Wars of Independence were actually fought over kilts vs pants... as certain as one can be about parallel universes).

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 9/19/2020 at 11:50 AM, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 19th O’ September: 

What do that flag, BBQ sauce, and Hispaniola have to do one with another? Aaaaarrh! PIRATES is what. 

This Court of Inquiry (Which shall carry on through the twentieth...) is convened to discover: How many buccaneer figures have ye? Have ye managed slather  paint on any of ‘em? Do they have any hulls to command? Or do you at least have a ship on order? Do ye own a proper pirate outfit?  And above all! By Neptune’s Slimy Beard, can ye at least Talk Like a Pirate??

(For today is that day...!)

I have many, and can produce at least 2.5L more, as I have a number of appropriate STLs from a KS or two....

They all remain unpainted, at leas the ones that aren't still unprinted.

I have a ship in "drydock" awaiting final assembly:

20200120_183542.jpg

I also have an appropriate airforce in development:

sadeq-hosseini-airships-00.jpg?157822886

and
501c5f334440f2af5c068a91f8a36a0a_origina

Currently working on the bottom right one.....

I do have a ship ordered as well.

I barely own a "proper outfit" let alone a pirate one.  Unless pirates wore pajama pants.....

I can talk the talk, for short periods of time, before it morphs into either a newfie or Scotty.

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Looking forward to autumn, it is my favorite season.

We had frost on the roofs this morning, so I guess it is almost time to take out the ACs...

Not really looking forward to tomorrow, as we have Teddy bearing down on the area.  It shouldn't be too bad here, but my wife will be in Nova Scotia, which will get a bit of a pounding from the looks of it.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, TGP said:

End of summer. I live in a proper 4 season zone, so it brings the annual autumn change of chores. Getting the garage out of summer config, cleaning up the yard, getting the snowblower out, etc. I always figure I'll have more time, so each year I start getting ready a bit earlier. And it's always too late, such is the nature of summer.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, TGP said:

End of summer but otherwise nothing special for us. It's already felt like fall for a while now. But on the plus side Other than yesterday the weather has been great. High winds and drizzle yesterday. The last 2 years we had a lot of snow and rain by now which is extremely early. If this keeps up for another 2-3 weeks I may be ready for winter. Right now is birthday season for us. My mom's was 10 days ago, daughter's today and both sons' in October.

2 hours ago, ttuckerman said:

I will not celebrate it but the end of summer is OK.  Remember you can always put on more clothes.  There comes a point when you can not take any more off.

I've said this many times myself. I also have lower expectations of what I want to accomplish in winter so that helps a bit.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, TGP said:

I haven't yet found out how to paddle a canoe on a frozen river, so I also dislike winter. When your driveway is 1.5 km long, you have a lot of snow to move. And on the prairies with the wind, it doesn't stay moved for long. I rejoice in the Halloween decorations and bought some to celebrate my favorite holiday. I love being a Halloween baby!

Edited by Great Khan Artist
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, TGP said:

I won't be building a bonfire and a wicker cage this year, if that's what you're asking.  However, the earth shifts, Summer is over, our hot sticky days are behind us, the nights are getting cooler, and the days are noticeably shorter.  Fall is our best season, with perfect sunny days, clear skies, fewer bugs and less humidity. It's the kind of weather that make you want to be outside.  So, yes, I am ready for fall. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TGP said:

I totally forgot that that time of year has arrived. But considering we had several nights of frost, and cold wind for several days, the early signs were there.

Being in the Northern hemisphere, Autumn is coming. Harvests are bringing fresh batches of seasonal produce (less melons, more squashes). Less sweating during any outside activities. Sun hangs lower in the sky, so more natural light indoors despite shorter days. And the trees are starting to yellow.

Good times.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TGP said:

The Equinoxes are a good time to cast any forum-encompassing epic spells. And it's the end of neither, it's the beginning of Pumpkin Spice season (Hallowe'en season was supposed to have started a month ago).

• Like 7

6 hours ago, TGP said:

It'll be the end of summer here. Well, by summer I mean that the rain is warm rather than cold ::P: This was a nice day last week, taken about noonish.

DSCN3366.thumb.JPG.0eea0ae1cba0747c24bc2400d53f8c01.JPG

Autumn is nice though, lots of colourful trees and mushrooms around at the moment.

DSCN3368.thumb.JPG.9f9385ed8db6753869bd80f82d0d06e4.JPGDSCN3495.thumb.JPG.238e14c55a318be4dc77ce37aa14b58b.JPGDSCN3533.thumb.JPG.e574a75340539061cdd3da4b1492ebea.JPG

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1