GETTING TO KNOW YOU.... SEPTEMBER 2020 …GTKY

TGP

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 21st of September: 

Are you ready for The Equinox? or are you planning to ignore it? (It happens tomorrow for most time-zones.) …and will it be the end of winter or the end of summer for you?

Autumn has a certain melancholy feel to it. There is a sadness to seeing the World turn brown & gray. 

Spring with the rebirth of life & hope is my favorite season.

• Like 12

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, TGP said:

Are you ready for The Equinox? or are you planning to ignore it? (It happens tomorrow for most time-zones.) …and will it be the end of winter or the end of summer for you?

I don't do anything special for celestial holidays.  My only complaint with this time of year is that weed pollen is the only thing I'm allergic to (not horribly bad, but still annoying).

• Like 11

12 hours ago, TGP said:

It will be the end of summer.

It will be my birthday as well as the Equinox, so I'm absolutely going to celebrate!

There will be singing (howling at the moon), dancing (naked around a bonfire), and a bottle of mead.

Yes, that's plain text not purple, I'll leave it to the reader to guess whether I'm serious or not.:devil:

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 6
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

It will be my birthday as well as the Equinox, so I'm absolutely going to celebrate!

There will be singing (howling at the moon), dancing (naked around a bonfire), and a bottle of mead.

Yes, that's plain text not purple, I'll leave it to the reader to guess whether I'm serious or not.:devil:

I wholeheartedly believe you. What else is a bonfire good for? Just make sure the mead doesn't turn it into an unintended wiener-roast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Sounds like a grand time. Just figure out a way to reduce the mosquitos I nthe area first, because, uh, yeah. Bites in sensitive areas and all that. 

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

For me it will be the end of Summer.

And no I'm not ready for it, I HATE Winter!

image.thumb.png.8d399e9a93047ae0857764c83311d85f.png

I have to remember this one for my Halloween decorating...

16 hours ago, TGP said:

Well, we call it the end of Construction season and the start of Snow Plows around here. With a bit o luck we might get a week or two of tree color change time. But sometimes we skip that one. Its 2020... I expect the trees are just gonna shrug and dump all their still green leaves on my car.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Inquiry, the 22nd of September (Equinox):

Today the daylight hours will equal the night (Equi=equal; Nox=night). How much time per week do you spend on your mini/TTRPG hobby? Is hobbying usually done at night or during the day?

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, TGP said:

Today the daylight hours will equal the night (Equi=equal; Nox=night). How much time per week do you spend on your mini/TTRPG hobby? Is hobbying usually done at night or during the day?

Not enough, at least recently anyway. Fell down a rabbithole of reading my way through my World of Darkness splatbooks instead of painting so while the reading binge is related to hobbying, I wouldn't really consider it as such.

Anyway, most of the time painting happens at night, sometimes continuing into the late morning due to either having to get other things done or having gone back to being pretty much nocturnal. Overcast and rainy days I tend to get more done, due to feeling more energized than otherwise.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TGP said:

It depends, sometimes I can't hobby for weeks and then suddenly I can spend a whole 8 hours on a Saturday.

On average 4 hours a week?

I prefer daytime but sometimes it's in the evening.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, TGP said:

I aim to spend about 20 hours a week painting, but I usually only manage about 10. 

Most of my painting is done during the day, I try and do a bit at night, but I'm normally too tired.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TGP said:

I try to get a few hours in during the week.  On weekends I can sometimes spend all day on it.

During the week it is after work; on weekends any time.

• Like 12

14 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

https://youtu.be/IbisRaEfsOY :lol:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TGP said:

If we include time in Elite:Dangerous, I put plenty of time into things! :devil::ph34r:

Typically I strive for at least five hours of hobbying per week, but it varies wildly depending on what I'm doing, workloads at work, and more importantly how well I've been sleeping overall. 

Signing up for an almost 70k 60k ly expedition in Elite:Dangerous does take up a bit of your free time though, doubly so when you have 25k ly to go to get to the start.... But I love exploring in the game, and getting to see various things is rather nice... ^_^

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, TGP said:

I try to spend each day hobbying whether it's mini painting, rpg planning or model making. Depending on the day I can probably put in a good 4 hrs at least. All I know is I just need a good space to do it. Setting up on the game day table I set up for my Saturday rpg has shown me that. The mess that is my real hobby table upstairs is proof I need to clean that disaster!!!

• Like 10

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Not much, lately. (Unless we count the 3D printers running, then many hours a week......)

Plan is to get my hobby area cleaned up and organized better this week (wife is away visiting relatives so extra time to focus on that and I can make a mess and take days to clean it up :poke:) so that I can pop in for short sessions, instead of spending the whole time getting ready to paint and running out of time.
I prefer to paint during the day as my eyes don't perform well later in the evening.
Most of my assembly and prep gets done at night instead.  And as I have way more free time at night, that leads to many things getting assembled and little getting painted....

• Like 9