Sign in to follow this  
TGP

GETTING TO KNOW YOU.... SEPTEMBER 2020 …GTKY

9 hours ago, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 22nd of September (Equinox):

Today the daylight hours will equal the night (Equi=equal; Nox=night). How much time per week do you spend on your mini/TTRPG hobby? Is hobbying usually done at night or during the day?

I get anywhere from around a half hour to a couple of hours a day of general hobbying for most days. A little more on the weekends if the weather is nasty or I don't have other plans, a little less if it's nice out. Mostly it's done in the evenings, kind of the last thing I'll do before heading off to bed. that's changed a bit since working from home. My hobby area is in the same place as my work desk so when I finish a project I might sneak over to the hobby desk for ten minutes before starting something else. And I've also taken to painting during conference calls where I'm just there to answer technical questions and am not really expected to participate. 

Right now the amount of time I spend actually playing TTRPG's is zero. My group is on temporary hiatus while we wait for virus numbers to drop to an acceptable level. We've almost been there a couple of times but they keep spiking so we're still waiting. About half of the group are Luddites so no online gaming either. But when we were meeting up we'd get together anywhere from about 8 to 12 times a year and sessions go from 8 hours to 16 hours depending on how much beer everyone brought.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, TGP said:

Today the daylight hours will equal the night (Equi=equal; Nox=night). How much time per week do you spend on your mini/TTRPG hobby? Is hobbying usually done at night or during the day?

Now that I'm back to full time, I have a lot less time and energy to paint. I still try to do a bit of hobbying every single day, usually in the morning I work on my space marines while watching Warhammer on Twitch.

• Like 8

17 hours ago, TGP said:

Beep.

out of cheese error

Redo from start

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, TGP said:

When I paint minis, I usually paint during the evening.  I work full time.

When I paint, I usually get in 3-4 hours, which is usually 2 hours more than I planned to - and it's suddenly 1 am.  I haven't painted much over the past two weeks (I don't think I've painted since last Monday).  I've been too tired and now I have something that's giving me a mild head cold.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, TGP said:

Its so variable I dont really know. Usually nights and weekends. But I will grab a lunch hour here and there. I got roughly 3.5 hours today.

• Like 10

Today the daylight hours will equal the night (Equi=equal; Nox=night). How much time per week do you spend on your mini/TTRPG hobby? Is hobbying usually done at night or during the day?

hmm

usually paint during the day -  I do a discord paintclub for a few hours on Saturday, and try and grab at least one or two other days during the week. 

Hours 3 + 1 +1  = so 5 in a good week. 

• Like 8

On 9/21/2020 at 5:19 AM, TGP said:

Inquiry, the 21st of September: 

Are you ready for The Equinox? or are you planning to ignore it? (It happens tomorrow for most time-zones.) …and will it be the end of winter or the end of summer for you?

It was the end of summer for me. I largely ignored it (no celebrating; no seasonal prep activity) with maybe one exception.

I went and got a Flu Shot.

I actually managed to have a decent Monday up to that point. Getting it was something of a hassle. Then afterward, I felt like I was coming down with the Flu. I just had to curl up in my lair and sleep. Felt like I had a fever, ached everywhere…

:zombie:

It put me down for about 9 hours.

21 hours ago, TGP said:

1-2 hours. Random as to whether it is at night or otherwise. I should find a way to spend more time hobbying.

1 hour ago, Dragoneye said:

…so variable I don't really know…

That. ^  Same deal for me. ^ 1-2 hours is me being an optimist.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

On 9/22/2020 at 8:44 AM, TGP said:

I usually manage 15+ hours a week at the hobby desk. During lockdown it was closer to 30+ hours, but that's what happens when you're only allowed out for one dose of exercise per day!

I like to hobby in the morning or afternoon, mostly because of the better light as my desk is situated under a skylight. That doesn't work out all that often though, so it will generally take place whenever I actually have spare time. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Inquiry, the 23rd of September: 

Did you know there are 300 different sign languages? Today is International Sign Language Day (so sayeth the UN). Can you sign? If so in which one/ones?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TGP said:

Did you know there are 300 different sign languages? Today is International Sign Language Day (so sayeth the UN). Can you sign? If so in which one/ones?

Does "insulting hand gesture" count as a language? Because that one I've got down, and not just with people. Discovered a while ago that if I had my hair tied back and proceeded to flip the end in a certain way, any squirrel I was arguing with would get very angry.

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, TGP said:

I didn't know.

I can't aside from the obvious hand gestures most of us know.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, TGP said:

I knew there were multiple ones, but not that there were that many.

I used to know a bit of ASL, but that was a long time ago.

I know most of the standard marshaling hand signals, but they aren't in any way "official", as far as I know.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, TGP said:

No. I never learned how to sign. As my hearing faded I became more dependent on reading lips.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, TGP said:

I've known about regional dialects, but didn't know there were that many.  As for knowing it, it's something (before Sars-CoV2 came about) that was going to be one of my goals at work - partially because I have two contacts at work that are deaf (one of which who I would deal with on a weekly basis), and partially because I've always wanted to know it. Oh yeah, and the fact work would cover the classes afterwards is probably also motivation.... 

• Like 7

I used to know a very small bit of ASL, but I've lost it over the years with so many other things not used. 

• Like 10